I’m not in love 10cc

Hello , I’m wondering if anyone can help me ?? I’m looking for the tabs for I’m not in love by 10cc in C and can’t find them anywhere?? Any chance someone knows them and could help me ?? S young lady has asked me to learn it and would love to impress her on her birthday in a few weeks :wink:
Thanks in advance for any help

3 Likes

You want to impress her by playing “I’m Not in Love”?
The trouble may be (apart from the sentiment) is that in the melody line, (playing in C major) there are several flats (mainly Ab’s) which would be difficult on a diatonic C harp. How much of the tune are you looking to play?

2 Likes

Hello , just the first few lines of the tune would be good . Thought it may be tricky in C as I can’t find it anywhere?? But it’s what she’s asked me to try learn :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve had a crack at the first few phrases, so you can see if that works for you.
If it’s any use to you, I could work on a bit more?

-6 +7 -6 +7 +6-6 -6 +7 -8 +7 -6
I’m not in love, so don’t forget it

+5 +6 +6 -6 +6 +6 +5 +5 +7 -6
It’s just a silly phase I’m going thru

Thank you so much . I’ve gotta get practicing now !!

2 Likes

Hello again my friend . I’ve got the hang of that bit . If you could give me the tabs for the next couple of lines , up to “ it’s because “ think that would be more then enough to impress her . Especially as I’ve already told her it’s to tricky to learn :joy:
Thanks in advance

OK - that’s impressive (that it works for you) !
If you copy / paste this into a true type font like Courier the tab
should line up with the lyrics.
As you probably know, where there is no space, it’s just a short note
(semi-quaver) with no delay.
Also at the end, I suggest finish with the C major (tonic) chord which
is the blow on 789.
Let me know how it goes !!

-6 +7 -6 +7 +6-6 -6 +7 -8 +7 -6
I’m not in love, so don’t forget it

+5 +6 +6 -6 +6 +6 +5 +5 +7 -6
It’s just a silly phase I’m going thru

-6 +7 -6 +7 +6-6 -6 +7 -8 +7-6
And just because, I call you up

+5 +6 +6 -6 +5 -6 +5 +7 -6 -6
Don’t get me wrong, don’t think you’ve got it made

-6 +7 -6 +7 +6-6 -6 +5 +6-6 +8 +8 +789
I’m not in love, no no, it’s because

2 Likes

Amazing!!! Thank you so so much !! Got just over a couple of weeks to play it for this young lady (yes I know it’s a strange request) but she loves this song . Gotta get my practicing head on now . Will let you know how it goes . Thanks again

2 Likes

No - it’s not strange at all (to want to impress a young lady) - it’s just that it’s not the most amorous sentiment.
Although it is a great song.
As i said before some of the A’s (-6) should be flattened so if it don’t sound quite right give them a little bend down.
cheers from sunny NSW

2 Likes

Hello , well a marvellous thank you to you my friend . The song went down a treat and even managed to play it in a karaoke booth over the backing track !! Which I just about managed to pull off and she was stuck for words (which believe me doesn’t happen often🤣) the rest of the date was amazing. Thank you again , I couldn’t of done it without you .

4 Likes

That’s great that you were able to put it to good use and I love a happy ending !!

4 Likes

@Tank that’s so awesome man! Congrats, and thanks for sharing the results!!! :raised_hands:t3::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes