Introduce Yourself!

Hey @Jay1 - that’s fascinating that you prefer the Forerunners to the CX12! Thanks for sharing this. I’ve never played either, I have a huge Yamaha SCX64 and a Hohner Deluxe 270( and I just picked up a couple Bushman Game Changers, but those aren’t really “true” chromatics, though I prefer them personally since I’m a diatonic player.)

@Coffeebean welcome to the forum! Can’t wait to hear about your journey with the harmonica. Rock on! :sunglasses:

@J4xMc what kind of recommendation are you asking for? Harmonica brand? What style of music are you playing and singing?

@MacETAC welcome to the forum my friend. What brand C diatonic did you recently attain? Yeah, the E harp will probably collect a bit of dust, unless you’re playing folksy kinda style music in E, or Blues in B. But as you noticed, it’s a pretty high. I’d recommend picking up an A harmonica to play Blues in E. PentaHarp is a bit of a one-trick pony. If you’re happy, I’m happy. But I hope you’ll continue to explore the standard 10-hole harmonica and all the amazing sounds it can make.

@satchqw Welcome Quentin! Big congrats on completing the course, and even bigger congrats on going through it again. Many say they’ve gotten much more out of it 2nd time. So glad you’ve joined the forum.

@dacswells congrats on finishing your PhD wow! Welcome to the forum. I love your story. I’m SO glad to hear that you’re doing BTB and can’t wait to hear how it goes for ya. Hope you have a blast with the cacti and harmonicas, and don’t get too pricked by either. :wink: If you have any patients suffering from trauma/illness, I made an album of healing music that could be helpful for them.

Hey @Robpicou. Welcome to the forum. When you say “put it all together” what is your dream/goal with the harmonica?

2 Likes