Introduce Yourself!

Hi. A very big welcome. I know what you mean about catching fire. My experience is that it’s a slow process. I don’t have heaps of time to dedicate to practice. Sometimes I want to give up because I don’t improve. I still will not play in front of anyone. I find it very calming when I am stressed. All the breathing. Occasionally I think that sounded ok! Hope you enjoy the ride. Toog

5 Likes

Hello @r.seftel Robin,
Moin, Moin to Hamburg from the Ruhr area and welcome here to the forum. Thanks to Luke’s BTB course, I caught fire about 2 years ago and haven’t looked back. It’s just fun to play a wide repertoire and different genres, to experiment or to come up with your own songs. Curious :smiley:? Then never put your harp down again :wink:! Astrid wishes you lots of fun, patience and good progress :woman_in_lotus_position:

4 Likes

@montels2 welcome to the forum my friend! I hate people like your baby brother! :wink: I’m so glad you’ve chosen harmonica. Seems like a perfect fit!

@r.seftel Awesome so glad you’ve got harmonica fire burning inside, and happy that the resources here are helpful. Keep on Rockin Robin!

2 Likes

@AstridHandbikebee63 @toogdog @Luke

Moin from North Germany and thank you all for your warm welcome.

I started your “bgeinner to Boss” Lessons Luke and I have to tell you:
Afer I finished just know the Train Lessons I really start to feel bossy.

You are doing a great job, at least for me.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Just a suggestion Luke, perhaps for your I.T dolphins (Do you call them dolphins in America?) There seems to be some confusion and some negative sentiment lately about introducing yourself as a new member.
Would it be better if the chronological order of posts was the other way around?
Most recent at the top. So that a new member doesn’t have to scroll through more than a thousand posts to read the most recent one and place their own comments.
Just trying to help.
Regards Craige

2 Likes

I own one SACD (Super Audio CD) and it happens to be Dark Side of the Moon. Its pretty cool listening to the album in 5.1 surround.

2 Likes

Hey gang its Dan here from western Canada. Thanks Luke for being the boss . Been playing the horn for years but great to have you around to make the harp an easier curve or should I say bend!

3 Likes

Hi B
Welcome. Hope to hear you play. Enjoy.

3 Likes

Thanks T. Happy to be here!

3 Likes

Hello @Bender1, welcome here to the forum with greetings from Germany to Canada! Have fun and success learning the harp. Regards from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

Good luck , your repertoire of instruments are not be made fun off. Those are exceedingly hard to master.

3 Likes

Thanks @AstridHandbikebee63 this forum is totally cool. I am looking forward to hangin out and learning some new stuff

4 Likes

Hello, I am from North Yorkshire in England.
I am about to embark on a journey of learning to play the harmonica. I haven’t signed up to the “Beginner to Boss” course yet, I thought I would have a look around here first.

6 Likes

Anon - Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you’re probably pretty experienced with music from a lot of directions. I think playing other instruments changes your approach to playing. If you’re interested, bring out the Koch and work on Little Walter’s “Oh Baby” (You’re Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone) - chromatic button pushed in for most of the song. I got a Koch about 15 years ago specifically for that one song. Again, welcome. So much to learn here from players sharing.

4 Likes

Greetings @Tolly

Welcome to the forum. Take your time to look through our collection of harmonica tips & tricks. Most deal with Richter tuned blues harps, but there are also some posts dealing with other types of harmonicas and tunings.

Regards from Germany! – Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello @Tolly, and another welcome from Germany!
I can highly recommend the BTB course! For me it was the only right way to get started with playing the harp and the adventure of this little miracle, the harp. I now have a good time with no pressure, no stress and a healthy amount of curiosity.
Regards from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

4 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi Astrid, no pressure and no stress is what I am looking for, an escape from the real world is what we we all need at the moment.

3 Likes

Tolly - Welcome to the forum. Worth taking the look around before committing. As someone who hasn’t ever done harmonica classes, I can highly recommend them. How so?

I talk with guys who have been playing 2-3 years, and have taken classes, and I hear them play. By comparison, I’ve been playing over 50 years, learned by listening to records and help from three well regarded blues harp players. Those guys with the classes overwhelm me both with the depth of their musical knowledge and exponential growth as musicians. So give “Beginner to Boss” some serious consideration. Take off like a rocket instead of taking years to get in orbit!

4 Likes

Thank you Bnt.
I have now purchased the B2B course. Thank you for the recommendation. Long road ahead
but hopefully an enjoyable one.

4 Likes