Jang Jian tabs

C. Diatonic

2 Likes

Well done little brother. Hey man, I just finished watching a Jang Jian film and loved it though I was disappointed there was no time travel. Sci fi geek here… can you please tell me how to find the whole version of what you posted. It would be much appreciated. :cheese: did I tell you how I love Cheesecake. Cheesecake is my favourite cheers my friend :sunglasses:

1 Like

Try first part of “new gods” as well and “white snake” both parts)

2 Likes

Thanks bro. I’m getting impatient for morning to come so that I can try your tab. Tried it on a low c, quietly trying not to wake the neighbours, it needs more emotion than I can give it that way. I enjoy messaging with you. Take care dude

1 Like

U2, pal))

2 Likes

Present for you @HarpieLady :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey @Kleptsoff check out this :sunglasses:
Mick Jagger Rippin' on Harmonica (Video) - #4 by stonestone63 I meant what @Luke posted, not me :wink:

1 Like

Hey @Klepstoff - welcome the forum! So glad that you were inspired to pick up this amazing instrument. Unfortunately, this piece is quite advanced as it requires a lot of accurate bends. The -3" bend in particular is very challenging.

I hope it doesn’t discourage you from learning to play the harmonica! I see you go the opening tab:

Cool song! I agree with the first two lines of the tab:

2 -2 2 -3’ -3

2 -2 2 -4 -3 2 -2 -4 -3

But then third line should be

-2 2 -3" -3 -2 2

Going on from there: 2 -2 -3" -3. 2 -2 -3" -3 -4 -3
2 -2 -3" -3 5 -3" -3 -3" -2 -3" -2 -2’ 2
-3’ -3 -4 5 -4 -3 5 -4 -3" -3
-3" -2 -3’ -3 -3" -2

The recording the harmonica is a bit flat.

Also, by the way, you could play this song easily on a Lee Oskar G Melody Maker where the 3 is tuned to sound like the -3" so you don’t have to do that difficult bend.

Hope that helps!

Aloha,
Luke

3 Likes

So cool @stonestone63 I’ve heard about the Sheng I know it’s the first fixed reed instrument and the predecessor of the harmonica, but I never realized it has keys like that. Trippy! Thanks for sharing this vid.

3 Likes

Isn’t it beautiful @Luke . I glad I didn’t have one in my instrument collection that was taken by a house fire. My wife is just happy that I don’t have a set of bagpipes anymore :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Thanks @Luke I tried to work this out yesterday, but you know what we say about tabs. Was starting to get somewhere playing with the video. Now I don’t have to. Thank you kind sir. It’s a pretty little piece :koala:

2 Likes