Lee Oskar Harmonica (Putting it Back Together Again!😳)

Thanks, I actually made a video but the site wouldn’t upload the file, thus, the photos. I think the cover plates are easy – it’s when you start messing with the reeds that trouble comes! :wink:

4 Likes

You make a good point, @Trapper ! And this why it is so important to first gather experience by doing reed work on cheap or unimportant harps before trying to work on a valuable harp.

I actually bought several cheap harps (ca. 10-12 U$) and did all sorts of reed work on them just to learn the techniques, such as re-tuning, gapping corrections, reed shaping, etc. It was worth the time & expense!

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

5 Likes

That is the only thing about the Lee Oscar I don’t like , I was really aggravated by the time I put it back together.

4 Likes

Hey guys. It’s designed that way to stop us from catching ourselves on a jutting screw end :koala:

5 Likes

@stonestone63, naturally! As with everything, poor to no description. Or written so small that you can’t read the description despite the :mag_right:! Everyone wants to earn :dollar::euro:! :rofl:

1 Like

@AstridHandbikebee63 I love a challenge :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

@stonestone63, oh yes, you grow from it and it’s the good pinch in our lives.

1 Like

That’s a great point, having it flush keeps it from snagging on things :+1:

3 Likes

The screw is to hold it in place once it’s together. Not pull it together. As @KeroroRinChou said, hold the nut to the hole with harp together before putting the screw in. Maybe elastic bands would make it less fiddly :koala:

1 Like

@stonestone63, oh rubber bands! That’s what @HarpinBobbyMcB experienced. :wink:
Sometimes I have a memory like a horse. But that was really good! Maybe @HarpinBobbyMcB will show you again? :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh no, what happen to @HarpinBobbyMcB Rubber bands? Sounds horrific. :scream: Though as a nurse, I am looking forward to seeing the scars. :grin:

1 Like

@stonestone63, I found it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nice one @AstridHandbikebee63 Although I didn’t see any physical scars, I do understand the psychological damage :grinning:

1 Like

@stonestone63, you see the rubber bands? They hold the mangled screws. It was a big drama for @HarpinBobbyMcB as he loved playing that harp. Wait for him to comment on this.

2 Likes

@AstridHandbikebee63 With baited breath my friend

1 Like

You do have an excellent memory @AstridHandbikebee63!

Here are a few pics :point_up_2: of my 008k held together with rubber bands after my screws got screwy :joy:

4 Likes

You changed the rubber bands. The first ones were colourful, @HarpinBobbyMcB. :grin:

4 Likes

Well done @HarpinBobbyMcB Your ingenuity is a monument to your love. I hope you are well brother :smile:

2 Likes

The rubber bands were my first fix, the colored string came later.

Here she is along with her siblings :point_down: dressed in string

2 Likes

Thanks @HarpinBobbyMcB I love it bro :grin:

2 Likes