Mama Don't (Take No Mess)

As you may know, in addition to the harmonica, music production is another passion of mine, and my favorite artist that I get to produce is a talented composer, singer, and trumpeter ,who is also my wife, Andrea - her stage name is Ann Hoku Lyn.

In fact I was terrified when I began to fall in love with her because I thought like so many relationships do, it could go bad and then I wouldn’t be able to make music with her any more! Well, we’re 10 years in and so far, so good. :wink:

Anyway, I recently produced a fun upbeat funk song and video for her called Mama Don’t (Take No Mess).

There’s no harmonica in it. But I thought you might enjoy checking out the video, to see what else I’m up to, and also cuz my son Iz and I both have cameo’s in it. lol

Of course, if you love the video, please like and subscribe and share it with a mama who can relate.

You can check it out here.

1 Like

I LOVE it, Luke! :star_struck: Tell Andrea that she really sounds great. I was friends with a very talented trumpet/flugelhorn player back in the day. She perhaps knows of him: Cecil Bridgewater, or his wife (I think they are no longer together, but I might be wrong): the great singer Dee Dee Bridgewater (late 1960’s-early '70s in Urbana, IL at the Univ of Illinois).

Regards,

– Slim

1 Like

Thanks, Slim! I passed on your kind words, and she did know Cecil Bridgewater’s name.
Aloha,
Luke

Yeah, Cecil went on to play with the Horace Silver group and others. I think that in terms of absolute success and name recognition, his wife Dee Dee topped him. But Cecil was really good – and my favorite Trumpet/Flügelhorn player :+1:

Regards,

– Slim