Music is not a journey

I was thinking about how we say, music is a journey. I thought of how a virtuoso had basically got to the end of the road. I felt a little sad for them about this. I wondered if they ever felt sad about it themselves. While I was contemplating this. It came to me. Music is not a journey. It is a pilgrimage.

4 Likes

Nice analogy @stonestone63

To me music is a bit like walking down a road where we can always go forward (never straight :joy:), with many intersections along the way.

The road we are on right now is the song buzzing in our mind at the moment, while the intersections are new songs which can take us in a completely different direction.

We can stay on the same road day after day or take new paths leading us to new and exciting places we never dreamed of, as well as others which as are as familiar and comfortable as an old pair of jeans with holes in them.

The journey can be happy or sad, fast or slow, but always interesting. Each new road we travel upon gives us a chance to lose ourself in the music :notes: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I totally agree, but feel that all roads lead to Rome :kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey there @HarpinBobbyMcB. Sorry. Was in a rush when I replied to you. Was happy to see your reply. How are you doing, my man crush? :joy:

3 Likes

I agree and OMG what a concert it will be when we get there :sunglasses::notes::+1:

Rock and Roll will never die, though I imagine there will be another genre or two as well when we get there :grin:

3 Likes

You just made me think about all the different directions we can go to get to the same place. As musicians we can get very well laid at time………ARGH stupid bloody autocorrect. That was, very waylaid at times due to life’s obstacles, and when we continue can find ourselves walking a path we never knew existed. It’s wonderful.

I know there is an unspeak button somewhere here but haven’t worked it out yet. Why back in my day I wouldov…………………….

4 Likes

Found it !

– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

No. But I’m wondering if that was a hint to look harder. 🥹

2 Likes

I just got my daughter to help, as she is tech savvy. She said that this is the cheap iPad and doesn’t have a blank face button, or something like that. I wasn’t really listening. I was playing bridge over troubled water in second position in my head at the time.

4 Likes