My China Doll sang the blues

You took the words right out of my mouth @stonestone63

I have to admit to being a cat person, but my heart goes out to you @HvyMtlHarmonica420 . We have quite a collection of passed friends up on the hill…
Lots of good memories.

3 Likes

Hey @DavidW

(It must have been while you were kissing me)

Asshole and I aren’t cat or dog people, we’re just animal people :grin:

2 Likes

I guess really I’m an “all living things” (& a few inanimate objects too!) person . :wink: I just happen to have a particular fondness and respect for cats.

I’ve known some great dogs too.

Joke: Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. I know my place… LOL!

5 Likes

Spot on @DavidW
A dog looks at us and says. You give me your love, food, shelter, and treat me with respect and kindness. You must be a god.

A cat looks at us and says. You give me your love, food, shelter, and treat me with respect and kindness.
I must be god.

All creatures great and small brother :grin:

3 Likes

Absolutely! :wink:
It does however make those moments (don’t expect more) when you seem to have respect from a cat so special. LOL!

3 Likes

Very funny @DavidW It sure does :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

@stonestone63 @DavidW China Doll was 100% a cat person. She befriended or at least tried to with every cat she met. She was absolutely fearless most of the time but even the tiniest kitten could back her into a corner and make her yelp. It was hilarious :joy:

, Asshole

2 Likes

@HvyMtlHarmonica420 My last dog had her own cat sometime before she had puppies of her own. After Me agreeing to accept the ten week old kitten, for the first twenty four hours she was annoyed at this interloper. But then the kitten started to try to feed off Stormy. She accepted it and came into milk. Even as :grin:an adult it was still feeding off this tiny little dog that had one very large nipple on each side of her belly. She taught it to be a great cat though, followed instructions like a clever little dog

2 Likes

Amazing…God works in wondrous ways. Co-incidence is HIS way of remaining anonymous!

3 Likes

Obviously a very wise dog @HvyMtlHarmonica420 . A dog usually has the advantage of power & size, but if it comes to a tussle the cat has speed, agility and retractable claws.

3 Likes

:smiley:

3 Likes

Hi @DavidW

Cats also have a close to venomous bit and canines are particularly sensitive to it, and somehow are aware of it. Catch ya brother :snake:

2 Likes

This was China Doll’s friend Robin. She comes and goes as she pleases using China’s doggy door… It has been getting colder and she has spent a lot more time inside. It is nice to not come home to an empty room after work. She even brought me a live mouse this morning and proceeded to play chase it around for several hysterical minutes. Before I caught it myself and took it outside to put it out of it’s misery. Life is good

2 Likes

Love it bro :crocodile:

2 Likes

Looks rather like our Mab. She came to us as an untamed feral aged about 18 months and ruled the house for a little over 20 years! Always the smallest of our cats (except when a kitten joined us, but he soon out grew her), but she was very determined & there was no doubt that she was the Alpha of the bunch - my wife & I included LOL!

3 Likes

:joy: @DavidW I hope you are well brother.

That’s why the ancient Egyptians thought that cats were gods. The little buggers behave like they are :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow. So sorry. Was she named after the Bowie song?
My dogs often save me from dispair. I lost my Stella about 6 months ago. I still have Duncan and Bruce.
She was a really brave rescue dog. She was going to be shot by a farmer because she kept escaping.

You will recover although it takes a long time. I usually have 3dogs and I find if they have a long life I cope with losing them better than I do if they die younger. I had one die from cancer which was horrific.

3 Likes

@toogdog When I got her she was named Chopper. I brought her over to my sister’s to visit. My niece called out to me and when I went to see what was up. She had China in a dress on her bed. She said “Uncle Joe she looks just a China Doll.” I decided that was her name right then.

Sorry about your Stella. Thank you for sharing.

, Asshole

2 Likes

Hey there @toogdog Sorry to hear about your loss of Stella. If you are anything like me, an animal is a greater loss than a person. I feel for you brother :koala:

1 Like

I just wanted to thank you all for your help. I was having a very hard time. I needed to shout from the rooftops about my love for China Doll. I could not have picked a better place to do it. @stonestone63 the world needs more awesome people like you my brother from another mother.

Please keep sharing your stories and posting your pet pics everyone. I really want to see them. Whether they have crossed the rainbow bridge or if they are still giving you kisses.

, Asshole

1 Like