Show off thread

just listened to that song again - love the part with the dog and overall how upbeat it is

1 Like

My dog died a few days after I recorded that with him. I’m glad you liked it. He was everything to me.

4 Likes

Sorry @Dk360, I didn’t mean to say that you have caused me to be nervous. I’m nervous because I’m an introverted person and shy about being judged by people, albeit politely, who can play much better than I can. From my perspective I would have called it a ‘Humble pie thread’ or ‘No guts no glory thread’ as I certainly won’t be showing off, assuming I ever figure out how to copy the link.https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/x1z2vd07aqb5e8g4iil8c/Wonderful-tonight-2.m4a?rlkey=xi55k4nsa8eoeza16wzwan7aj&st=wpiijgs5&dl=0

1 Like

You did it!

1 Like

Nice clean notes and a long composition, good job!
As for the fear of being judged by other people, that’s silly - you already know your level, try to judge others instead.
Though in all seriousness, being judged actually really helped me cause I realized my technique was crĐ°p when playing happy birthday and that led me to autistically keep at it till everyone who was originally on that thread was fed up but I did it.

3 Likes

Thanks @yuriythebest for taking the time to listen to my recording and for your comments. I guess it depends on our personalities, I’m a certified introvert.

Excellent, @PapaCurly !! You really have the single note playing quite well under control.

I suppose that what you can continue to work on is getting a relaxed rhythm so that your playing becomes more flowing and smooth. This is something that can take time to get down well, especially for musicians who have not been playing their instrument for a long time. There are so many things to work on and try to get perfect: the clean notes, the rhythm, control over the volume in different parts of the song, etc. You are well on your way!!

Keep up the great work, @PapaCurly ! That was impressive for someone who has no teacher, no other musical experience, and has been playing for only a relatively short time!

Bravo!!

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank You @toogdog for helping with the Dropbox link.
Thank You @Slim for your kind words. Yes, so many things to work on and sometimes it seems so difficult. I am enjoying it though, and when I started, that’s all I really wanted from it. I say that, but of course I want to improve. To hear those compliments from you is very encouraging. Thank You for taking the time to listen and reply.

1 Like

All the notes are there mate, just play it and play it until you don’t even have to think where the notes are your instinct will kick in and do the rest. Good job!

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/HxVOw42p1uI

@luke It sounded a lot better before I had to watch myself play. :grin:

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/GHxKOyoR6pk

2 Likes

@RussSkyman

It always does! You sound like you’ve been listening to Juzzy Smith.

2 Likes

@dk360 I try to listen to a wide variety of players. each person has something a little different for me to learn from. I do like Juzzy style a lot!

2 Likes

@RussSkyman. An audio was enough for me. The Rose is a nice song, and you played it well.
Yes, I can hear a bit of Juzzy Smith in the second one also. Nice sound.

1 Like

You are sounding good, Russ @RussSkyman !! Keep up the good work !!

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

Getting there, try relaxing more and tap your feet that’ll help big time

1 Like

I hadn’t heard the original but this seemed like a nice and relaxing cheerful song