Show off thread

I have been wanting to add one of these since I joined this forum. In the comments below, post a flashy performance you are proud of.

Newbies welcome here!

Reminder to the camera shy amongst us - voiceless audio recordings without video still count!

1 Like

Only been playing for a few months, give me a year or two :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

@chris3

We all start somewhere! Lets see what you got - Even if its a really choppy twinkle twinkle little star, the feedback from this forum is invaluable!

2 Likes

OK. I think this is a great idea and I guess it’s a bit like dancing at a party - no-one wants to be first. So I’ll try to get the ball rolling. Here’s a one-take live acoustic improvisation, or it’s me noodling.

I’ll go and put on my thick skin!

6 Likes

@barry.bolton

Nice! Sounds like your channeling some Howlin’ Wolfs’ Spoonful vibes.

I am going to post here soon, but I was worried replying to my own post would seem a little self centered …

4 Likes

@Dk360, I understand your sentiment, but I say go for it. I’m not ready yet, but if you are, then we would love to hear you play.

4 Likes

Fly Me To The Moon
Bb harp. Please pardon the poor cell phone audio

I placed emphasis on breath control and dynamics.

Let me know what you think!

@barry.bolton @PapaCurly @chris3

1 Like

Well done @barry.bolton and @Dk360. You’re both well on the way.

5 Likes

I like that @Dk360 … Very clear. Makes me feel I cheated by playing something I just made up so no-one knows whether what I played was anything like what I imagined I was playing!:joy: Maybe sometime I’ll play something people might know.

4 Likes

@barry.bolton

You definitely sound more bluesy, something that I really struggle with. :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe we can rope @Luke or @Slim into this…Now that would be interesting!

1 Like

Here’s my first performance on the chromatic, I’ve been playing for almost 6 years on the diatonic, but I have started learning chromatic.

5 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

@barry.bolton Love it mate! You’re really putting your heart into it, which is the most important thing. Even heard a touch of TB-ing at the very end. All I was missing was a nice -45 trill!! :sunglasses: It’s never “cheating” to play from the heart.

@Dk360 Brilliant! Good tone, nice clean single notes. Love it. Love the little improvised bit at the end as well, to make it your own. CONGRATS! Next level will be adding the 2 bends. Have you begun working on bends yet? Tabs here:

@KeroroRinChou nicely done my friend! You’re coming along fast on the chromatic. Perfectly played all the correct notes. EXCELLENT. Big congrats. What vowel shape are you using? I’m wondering if focusing on an “uh” kind of vowel shape with a big chamber at the back my make the tone even warmer. Not sure, could just be the harp, but it sounds like you might be using kind of an “ee” vowel shape right now?

Excellent job all! Looking forward to hearing more showing off! :grin:

5 Likes

@Luke

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely put bends in there…My phones audio is absolutely terrible in that recording!

2 Likes

Hey @Luke, thanks for your feedback. That I can play at all is mainly down to you … B2B is an awesome course and it’s your insight and generosity that make it work. Thanks. B.

4 Likes

Hi @Dk360, I wish you hadn’t called this 'show off thread, I’m so nervous about putting myself out there. I just tried to link a tune I saved in drop box, but it didn’t work. @toogdog, can you please give me some guidance. It’s in my dropbox but when I copied to here, it didn’t play.

Does not play.

1 Like

Thanks @Slim, I realized and deleted it. You were too quick for me

1 Like

Hi
What type of phone do you have https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xilk91zre42wb4v8zhfnq/Copno-more.m4a?rlkey=ddhqyewkn8ps0wrhotntko834&dl=0

When you have the link saved from Dropbox you can’t paste it directly into your post. In the post editing open window while you are writing the post tap the link icon at the top. Paste the link here then it appears in your post as a link. Otherwise harmonica.cm tries to turn it into a sound file which it isn’t. Try this

3 Likes

@PapaCurly

The last thing I wanted was to make people nervous. Just have fun with it!

I upload to Google drive and post the link…I am not familiar with Dropbox, so I can’t help you there.

1 Like