Something like a golden melody

Hello fellow harpers and Moin.

I would like to invest in a new harp for Christmas to show of some Christmas songs I learned.
The Golden Melody is for my understanding a harp that is used for playing nice melodies with single notes.

Now my question is, if there is a harp out there that is also doing this job.
I‘m looking at Suzuki especially because I hear they are great ootb.

Thank you all in advance.

1 Like

Don’t be fooled. This harp is great for bluesy licks as well.

3 Likes

Moin @r.seftel,
I’m currently thinking about whether a special harp or model is needed for Christmas songs. In my opinion no.
I use different manufacturers and models. Last year I recorded some Christmas songs with different harps. I based it on the tone of the harp and whether it was an older song played very sensitively or a modern song.
Since you also come from Germany, the Christmas songs are often old. If you play English-speaking ones, they are more in a modern style. This way you express the song differently, faster and more rocky.
For our good old German Christmas songs (e.g. Oh Tannenbaum, Oh du Fröhliche), the higher pitches are more suitable, such as the common C harp. With the more modern-looking songs (e.g. Feliz Navidad, Rudolph - to red noise render, Wham - Last Christmas, Elvis - Blue Christmas) you can experiment with lower pitches.

I don’t use a Suzuki model yet. I also plan on buying one sometime next year. So far I haven’t read anything negative about it.

I wish you a lot of fun with your Christmas songs and a wonderful Advent and Christmas season.

Best Regards from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

Hi @r.seftel

Maybe you will enjoy this video I made:

2 Likes

Hi @SlimgRegular,

really nice song and you played it great.
I didn´t know this one before… sounds a little bit gothic.

I like it :musical_note: :notes:

3 Likes

Hello @r.seftel,
yes, that is a very nice Christmas song! Thanks to @Slim, I got to know and play it last year too.
What I particularly like about it is that it is very emotional.

Best Regards from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

2 Likes

I played Christmas songs on: lee oskar, hohner special 20, hohner crossharp and the Honher Rocket, but also on the blues harp (ms) and this one I love the most. But its possible that in a few months I change my mind! I love the responsifness of it.

3 Likes