Sore Upper Lip

Good Idea. I always have a mug of ice water next to me, but I guess I really haven’t thought of drinking just before and during a harmonica suggestion. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello @HarpinBobbyMcB, @Poppo, @Luke recently wrote that a little more liquid like WATER will not harm any of us. I like to use sparkling water. Here in Germany, the heating is added, or the heat in the warm countries.
What you, dear @HarpinBobbyMcB, write with calluses, I would rather name with new muscles in the lips. And such a training lasts as you know from normal sport.
Patience, dear ones, patience. :grin:
Many greetings from Astrid

2 Likes

I think you are right @AstridHandbikebee63, building “muscles” in our lips sounds much better than callouses lol… Plus strong lips can help us in other areas of our lives as well!

2 Likes

My icon is from our 50th Anniversary, over 6 years ago. We smooch a lot!

4 Likes

@Poppo, @HarpinBobbyMcB, you have to pronounce again what I described so nicely earlier … You are finishing me off.:joy:

2 Likes

There you go!!!

A perfect use for your newly developed lip muscles…

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

My wife says she likes it when I practice tongue blocking, but that’s neither here nor there. :wink:

3 Likes

That’s exactly the POINT!!! It’s probably HERE & THERE!

Lol :rofl:

3 Likes

That made me :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. The only time I use salt is when I am boiling Pasta, as I live at an elevation of nearly 7000 feet. I do all the cooking at our house, and haven’t used salt in 57 years of marriage. I do take some medications, particularly for my COPD that I am sure ‘dry my system’. I drink a lot of water, but I cannot identify ANY saliva when I play the Harp.
I wrote Greg Jones (16/23 Harmonicas) a couple of months ago. He suggested that my breath and saliva issues (along with my bending issues, which makes my inner lips sore) would be greatly reduced by the purchase of a Seydel “no slider” Chromatic. I decided to invest in one. It is a fine instrument, but due to some other problems, I have not been able to practice as much as I would like, and my shortage of breath is also a deterrent to practice. I LOVE the harp, though, and am slowly adjusting to using it. It also has allowed me to tab a large number of my favorite tunes which I was unable to play on a Diatonic.
God Bless You!

2 Likes

I thought I was on hornymonia.com for a minute there?

2 Likes