Special 20 Aluminium Comb

Came across this aluminium comb for a special 20 the picture they use looks like the crossover.

Not sure if it will interest anyone on the forum.
https://www.amazon.com/Harmonica-10‑Hole-Aluminum-Alloy-HOHNER/dp/B09JM3JVRL

1 Like

Aluminium, sounds British?

3 Likes

If I were to get an aluminum comb for my harps, I’d go with Blue Moon Harmonicas’s anodized aluminum combs because they’re nickel free

2 Likes

Welsh boyo Welsh.

2 Likes

Aaah. Stupid me. With a name being Dai, I should have known. I be from Bristle (Bristol), now in Ontario, canada. My Grandfather was Welsh, Cardiff and friends from Wrexham. Which part of Wales are you from?

1 Like

Swansea.

2 Likes

Great. Do you follow the footie club.

I’ve heard lotsa good things about brass combs, but not so sure about “aluminium” :wink:. I’ve got a Suzuki Hammond HA-20 and it probably is my favorite Suzuki that I’ve played, BUT I’m not IN LOVE with the tone of it. Thanks for sharing this @Dai!

2 Likes

They have them on Ali Xpress

1 Like
2 Likes

Anyone experience with different comb materials? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I used to live in Swansea. Had some great days there. Still got a few mates down there. Monkey bar, jumping jacks, escape…and the Gower, of course.

1 Like

I have used the Blue Moon corian comb for the special 20 and it is an improvement. Once you change one you’ll want to change them all. I flat sand the draw plate before going to a better comb because otherwise the flatter more solid material doesn’t benefit you as much. To the naked eye, I thought my draw plate looked flat. Then I sanded it and could see exactly where the material was removed. To me, the difference is the flatness of the two materials pressing into each other and I sort of doubt the material itself makes much difference once it is solid all the way through.

4 Likes

I love the Blue Moon recessed brass combs. No need to sand the reedplates. Just drop them in and screw all the holes. They are airtight and play easily.

4 Likes

I’ve got a couple of Tod Parrott composite combs which I’m enjoying. Haven’t tried the brass yet, @stevenlois1

1 Like

I bought a brass comb for a Rocket. Only problem is that I now need to have it registered as a DANGEROUS weapon.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Brass will increase the acoustic volume and make the sound a little Fuller and brighter.

4 Likes

Just wondering would the recessed brass combs be compatible with the Fender Blues Deluxe diatonic set? (Or would any other brass or aluminum combs work?) Thanks!

1 Like

Check out this site to see

2 Likes