Talking Thirds Theory with Todd Parrott

I had my lesson with Todd yesterday and it went smoothly like always. When he was in the middle of tabbing out the song I’m working on, I was scrolling through Facebook when I saw a video of him on Tomlin Leckie’s Facebook page talking about music theory. And then a whole conversation went from there. I told him that he had a voice that was very pleasant to listen to with headphones on. In which prompted him to tell me a story about how somebody else complimenting his voice over the phone. Todd explained why he thinks he has a soft voice and then said “maybe I should’ve had a career in radio”. And then he started to do a radio DJ impression and made me laugh. I’m just having an absolute blast with these lessons with him. Believe it or not, I sort of view Todd as my “harmonica dad” as he gives off this caring older brother/father vibe. It also helps that he’s a father of two children as well. I could tell these stories about him all day.
Here’s the video from Tomlin’s page that I’m talking about:

5 Likes

@KeroroRinChou I love your story and that Todd is a harmonica “father” to you. SO AWESOME!!! Speaks volumes about the kind of man he is (in addition to being one of the greatest players.)

I don’t know if this is true for others, but unfortunately, whenever you post “Facebook watch” videos in the forum, I can see them. I mean, a thumbnail is there, but when I press play nothing happens. Are others having the same problem as me?

2 Likes

@Luke, no, the videos work for me without any problems.
Good time for you!

1 Like

Hey, Luke @Luke

The videos work for me too (on my Android phone and on my Notebook computer using the Firefox browser).

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks. Todd is super nice and very honest about my playing. He said that he wouldn’t compliment my playing if he didn’t mean it.
Also about the issue your having: the video works fine on my iPad.

3 Likes

Weird. Not sure why it doesn’t work for me. You’re using the Safari browser?

1 Like

Yes, I’m using Safari.

I use Chrome on my Android tablet, @Luke.:slightly_smiling_face: