The Miracle of Life

I am loving being a new dad. My son makes 20 months today (and my daughter is 16 years old.) Having a toddler is sure to try any man’s patience, and there are times where I’m at my wits end, but then sometimes I see the way his eyes light up at the magic of the world around him, and it reminds me of when I used to be like that (before I became a jaded old man, lol.)

It’s good for me. It’s humbling. And it reconnects me to the miracle of life that exists in the simplest of things. I know that I will look back at these moments, maybe 15 years from now, and miss them, so I am doing my best to let go of control, and just enjoy the moment.

Anybody out there have any thoughts or wisdom to share on this topic?

8 Likes

You said it all, Luke! Enjoy the family!

Regards,
– Slim

4 Likes

Right on Slim! Rock on my friend.

2 Likes

I am 69yrs old you never get it back enjoy time

4 Likes

I started parenting late for my two adopted kids. I was more aware at that age to smell the roses (as opposed to the diapers). It nice to look back (I’m 76 in a couple of days) to know you didn’t let it slip on by. You will be happy you connected. No regrets.

5 Likes

I’m simply thrilled for you Luke. Children are so precious and grow up too quickly. ENJOY and learn to play like a child. :smiley:

Robert (4 sons)
The Great White North

4 Likes

Love it, Robert! Thanks man.

1 Like

Seems to me like children fulfill our circle of life. My best advice is to just help them be the best them they can be.

It’s easy to set up expectations as a parent, whether it be in sports, music, or emotional stability. Seems to me all kids are a bit different.

As long as we help them do what they like to do and are good at, I think we can’t go wrong.

Above all, just enjoy them and have fun!

3 Likes