This looks like fun ! A new saliva ejection PRODUCT

Just saw this on eBay…

Its a harmonica dryer. No good in my house, I have very low ceilings in my old house. And I’d kill the cat. Anyone used one ?

2 Likes

@HorseDoctor, oh nein, kenne ich auch nicht. :smiley: Ich denke es geht auch ohne und meine Wellensittiche hätten bestimmt auch etwas dagegen… :joy:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh that is HILARIOUS! :rofl:

Thanks you for sharing this. Love it. I’ve never used one. Love to hear a review from someone who has…

Aloha,
Luke

2 Likes

The concept appears sound to me. I might try it for $20. You guys with a lot of experience, are you buying the claim that 60 percent of debris remains inside a harmonica after tapping?

2 Likes

Could be. I’d like to hear @slim’s opinion on this since he actually takes his apart and cleans them. What do the well-played ones look like when you open 'em up @slim? Do they really look like “swamps of decaying debris”?

If you get one, @DitchParrot, please report back!

Aloha,
Luke

2 Likes

Well, they don’t look new !! :laughing:

Actually, I don’t think that the saliva ejection product will make it unnecessary to eventually open up the harp and really clean it. It could extend the time interval between such work, but it will still need to be occassionally done the “old fashioned” way. :roll_eyes:

I still swear by the ultrasonic jewelry cleaner for cleaning the harp with almost no risk of damage to the reeds & reedplates. :point_left:

Regards,
– Slim

3 Likes

That’s intereting, nice find! If there was someone selling those in my country I’d be inclined to try one

2 Likes

It could make for a memorable stage show!
-The Audience -

“GREAT GIG! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!”

3 Likes

Good oral hygiene goes a long way toward keeping your harps clean inside. I find, for me, the bigger problem is mouth scum build up on the covers which increases lip drag. I use dish scrubbers to remove it and an ultrasonic cleaner for the interior. Don’t eat while you’re playing and make it a point to brush and rinse your mouth before you play. Then you won’t see a lot of gunk building up.

4 Likes

Nope.

Hey @Raven just wanted to say welcome to the forum. So glad to have you here. I agree with your advice :100:! I haven’t used an ultrasonic cleaner for the interior yet, but another good tip from Joe Filisko to wipe down the cover plates with a soft clean cloth after every time you play.
Rock on,
Luke

3 Likes

Luke, I’ve been on the Modern Blues Harmonica forum for a number of years, but didn’t see yours until just recently. I’ll chime in whenever I feel I can add to the discussion without causing any furor as some players get very opinionated.

3 Likes

G’day @Raven , welcome!
I haven’t seen any furore so far! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Yes, as long as everyone agrees with me, then there’s not anything to get upset about. :partying_face: :rofl:

– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We share the same philosophy, @Slim my friend! :slightly_smiling_face::v:

2 Likes

@Dave_Dunn and @Slim,
of course… :joy:.

2 Likes

Yeah we have a strict “no furor” policy here… If anyone shows any furor, we’re gonna get pissed! :rage:

LOL. Just thinking of a scene from the British sitcom “The I.T. Crowd” in which the CEO “declares war against stress” and ends his morning monologue by saying, “Anybody still stressed out at the end of the day…WILL BE FIIIIIIRED!!!” :rofl: CLASSIC.

3 Likes