Train imitation video by Filisko

New train imitation instructional video by Filisko. Check this out, really wise words here.

4 Likes

Hey thanks for posting this @davidkachalon - great words from our beloved harmonica Yoda here. :blue_heart::notes:

The train is definitely something that I’m continuing to practice! I noticed he happens to be using an A harp, but I know he advocates the G harp as a great key to use for this as well.

I’m failing to practice this every day, but I’m getting it in at least a couple times a week. I should try and commit to a non-negotiable 5m/day for a month. It’d be cool to see the result of that.

I’m still working on overcoming the asphyxiation reflex, and haven’t yet been able to master the dynamics - the tunnel (playing it really quietly.)

BTW - the train Joe is demonstrating here is what he calls the “Big Train” which begins with an EXHALE and the syllables he’s using are
Who who huh huh
With a strong accent on beat 1, the first “who.”

Joe is such an advocate of tone and breathing, I was honestly surprised to hear him even mention speed as one of the skills developed in this workout, but of course it is.

I cannot do the train evenly as quickly as Joe demonstrates in this video.

#goals

:sunglasses:

3 Likes