What songs are you all currently learning/jamming along to?

Hey @Rio - welcome to the forum! Happy to have you here! Yeah I just learned that song:

Yeah, it’'ll take a bit of time to work up to that one, but you can do it! I’d start here:

1 Like

Amazing Grace. My grandma is in the final stages of dementia and I want to be able to honor her at her funeral with a soulful rendition of Amazing Grace.

4 Likes

“Nobody Knows You” Clapton version.

3 Likes

Love that song!

Three songs for the last three weeks. I get away from practicing a day or three and I’m back to square one - “Jordu” by Clifford Brown - the head is easy. Remembering the intricacies of the rest of the song takes more work. “When I Get Drunk” by Carey Bell - the Big Walter style, tone, and chops is a mountain to aspire to climb; and “Take Five” by Dave Brubeck with Paul Desmond on sax. I’ve played it through many times alongside the recording. Memorizing and retaining that sax solo with no music is another story.

Eventually at least one will come together.

1 Like

I’m going to have a crack at tenth avenue tango by Bruce Willis from the t
YouTube channel harmonica express.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement Astrid,

If all goes to plan I’ll be retiring from work in a few months and will have a lot more time to play.

It’s fair to say, i do not have a natural talent for music but I’m pleased that i have learned to at least play the harmonica,

albeit not very well just yet. That is to say I can blow and draw the notes, you would recognise the tune but it just sounds a bit off.

Timing I guess. Anyway it’s fun and I live alone so no one else has to hear it.

Congratulations to you for achieving your goal. I hope the secret chord pleased the Lord.

2 Likes

So long as you’re having fun that’s all that counts.

4 Likes