What songs are you all currently learning/jamming along to?

Hope everyone’s had a great week. I quit my job last monday, so I’ve had some extra time to take out the harp, when I’m not looking for a new job.

Currently I’m learning to play a few songs from The Sims 2, which is one of my favourite hobbies besides the harmonica, and I’m also playing along to some Rumba/Flamenco backing tracks (that is mostly because my best friend is Spanish and I like the rhytms)

So what songs/tunes etc. are you playing currently?

3 Likes

I’m loving Hallelujuah in the B2B single notes module, it’s (for me) pretty difficult and I’m nowhere near being able to play it in the fast speed yet but learning to play a song I really like gives me no end of enthusiasm/motivation.
Dug.

5 Likes

Hello @Dug and @Vibe,
I’m currently learning and practicing “The Godfather” from the movie “The Godfather” because I’m almost through with the BtB and am looking for new songs. I’ve had to take a few weeks off for family reasons and am checking to see if I’ve completed the course well. Like “Hallelujah”, the song also has a lot of feeling and I need it right now. To break in, I play a blues by feel and without instructions. Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

4 Likes

Hi @Dug and @AstridHandbikebee63

I love those songs! Hallelujah is very beautiful and Godfather is a great theme

5 Likes

We’re working on Louis Jordan’s ‘Caldonia’ – a jump blues tune. We currently have it arranged for three harmonicas but are expanding the arrangement to try and cover the entire band (sax, trumpet, piano, double bass, drums, vocal) via harmonica. We’ll probably add some basic percussion to cover the drum and a rolling 12 bar bass line will replace the double bass and the keyboards’ left hand. ‘Rhythm’ and ‘lead’ harmonicas will cover the sax and trumpet (and the keyboards’ right hand). Vocals are pretty basic (it’s jump blues after all). So we’ll finish up with three or four harmonica parts and vocals/percussion.

The joys of a blues harmonica ensemble!

4 Likes

Hello @Maka,
that sounds very interesting. If you play it, I would be very happy to hear the song recorded by you. :notes: No, I’m not like @Luke, green with envy​:nauseated_face:… :grin:, but you get my admiration :+1: for it. I will eagerly await. Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

Tom Petty-You Don’t Know It Feels. Fun song for a rookie!

5 Likes