YouTube Pitch Changer App

Hi there,

I have done the beginner to boss course and decided to step up.
So I found this amazing song on youtube from Indiara Sfair that i decided to learn.

The problem is I don’t have a BB harmonica but I do have an A. So I found out there is an music pitch changer for youtube : https://musicspeedchanger.com/

So am i correct if I use the pitch changer one stop down and use my A harmonica to play along?

I think this add-on can really help with my progress as it can change the pitch so I can play along with more songs and it can slow the video’s down as well!

Thanks for the response,
Peter

5 Likes

Hi @Peter_laar

Welcome to the community! :partying_face:

What you suggest sounds to me as if if should work. If the app is free then simply try it and see if you are correct. :point_left: Let us know how it went.

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hi Slim,

Thank you.
I did try it out, but i was not able to hear by ear if it was correct or not.
However now I used the bend it better tool to validate. And this trick does actually work.

I think this is an amazing trick to reduce the amounts of harmonicas required as a beginner. Meaby it is nice to add such a plugin to the beginner to boss course as well so you can use different harmonicas :slight_smile:

Regards,
Peter

4 Likes

Hi @Peter_laar

Glad to hear it worked. Such software is very good for us harp players, but the process does have its limits.

The various programs I have used begin to produce results that have audio artifacts when these limits of temporal or frequency transformation are exceeded.

Nevertheless, at least the smaller tempo or pitch shifts usually are not a problem.

Regards,
– Slim

2 Likes

Hi Slim, been using it for a day now and It does seem to work pretty well, at least for my purpose. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hey Peter - thank you so much for sharing this invaluable resource. This is huge!!!

I hope you don’t mind I changed the title of it and moved it from “Theory” to “Gear” so that hopefully people can find it more easily.

Best believe I’ll be sharing this with everyone!

Thanks again!
-Luke

2 Likes

Hi Luke,

You are welcome of course!

It does look like the title and category did not change, so you might want to look into that.

Regards,
Peter

A beginner? Nah.

Love that song, almost have it except lines I,j I’ll keep on till I get it!

2 Likes

That is really nice. How long have u been playing the harmonica?

1 Like

One year ago Nov. 17th. I’m obsessed with the harmonica.

1 Like

You progressed nicely then! Did you learn online? En what resources do you use besides harmonica.com?

1 Like