$15 for 2 Screws for Golden Melody?

Can somebody tell me why I have to shell out $15 for 2 screws? Doesn’t that seem like a lot? Any thoughts?

Somehow one of my Golden Melody screws worked it’s way out and disappeared on me without me taking notice. (Leave it to me, eh?)

4 Likes

Well, at least the shipping is free … :crazy_face:

– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Buahaha! That’s TRUE Slim! Can’t complain about free shipping. New Golden Melody arrives in one week: February 23rd. Will be interesting to see how she plays…

4 Likes

Hey Luke. That’s a set up for a punster who can offer some well crafter verbiage. Corky

3 Likes

OH MY GOSH!! :rofl::joy::flushed: I love that you pop out of the woodworks to say THIS, of all things…

But seriously, thanks for the good belly laugh! You are such a blessing to me in so many ways…I’m still chuckling as I’m writing this… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

…and now the belly laughs are resuming…

goodness gracious…

It reminds me I was watching a tutorial by a fantastic harmonica player named Juzzie Smith, and like I did in my first tutorials, he was using the word “sucking” instead of “drawing” and oh boy you hear all this “sucking and blowing” and pretty soon it’s hard to pay attention to the lesson at all. :rofl::joy::wink:

4 Likes

Luke, the listing for screws only is unclear, but I think that price might be for a pack of 16 sets, or 8 sets—I can’t tell. They sell that quantity as an $8.95 add-on when you buy Golden Melody reedplates. Great site; I love Rockin’ Ron’s too—•

3 Likes

I just looked again and it appears to be 16 pieces (8 sets)

2 Likes

Luke is correct and it’s ridiculous. The screws your looking at are for the reed plates. Better get out the blue loctite or use common screws.

1 Like

Yes, they are reedplate screws, not cover screws. —Ridiculous—•

2 Likes

Not sure what size they are (don’t have access to harp) but you can get 100 screws like it on Amazon for $25
M6 countersunk screws and nuts

Sometimes called ‘Chicago Screws’

@rich, what do you want with 100 screws of one kind please? That would be 50 harps of the same type. Each model has different screws and screw heads.

1 Like

I don’t have a dog in this fight (golden melody) but I’d buy 100 at 25 before I’d pay $15 for 2. Just against my religion to pay $15 for a . 50¢ part that should be provided free from the manufacturer.

1 Like

Yeah, I got 'em. 2 screws for $15. Still cheaper than buying a whole new Golden Melody. Of course, I STILL haven’t put the thing together. I think I need to make myself a little workstation somewhere. Maybe THAT will make more prone to actually work on a harmonica every once in awhile!

3 Likes

Get a shoe box to put you harmonica maintenance stuff in. Buy some loctite so you don’t loose the screw again. I’m old, but I’ve also done micro assembly for years and it’s great to have a headset to see details without a microscope. I highly recommend this for many reasons Magnifying Headset

3 Likes

Thanks @rich3 one of my blockages to opening up my harps is my boor near field eyesight, so this looks like it would be PERFECT for me. :pray:t3:

3 Likes

I too have a tough time shelling out that kind of money for a cupla screws.

I fixed a similar loss on sleeve screws similar to these on my first 008k Easttop harp with rubber bands and then twine…Didn’t look to purty but it worked.

Destroying the nice looks of a Golden Melody, on the other hand, seems to be sacrilegious, so I can see also getting the right screws for the job as @Luke did and keeping her good looks intact.

Most women, in my experience, tend to cost me money. In the big scope of things $15 bucks is nothing to keep your lady looking good and feeling happy :wink:

And @Luke, just take her to the canvass, and do what needs to be done, to get 'er done.

:joy:

3 Likes

In Amazon UK they only have ones at around £60. Might be cheaper to buy from the States.

1 Like

@rich3 will the head band fit a small head?

I have a tiny head for an adult not sure if the head band will fit me.
To give you an idea I have to have a baseball cap on the smallest hole.

2 Likes

Congratulations you’re not a fat head like some of us. Yes it will fit your downsized skull.

3 Likes

Hi all. Ren_de here…. I can relate to the sky-high prices for cover plate screws. I have a set of Fender Blues Deluxe harps. The C harp now has a missing cover plate screw… (not sure when or where it made its escape) My question is: Would the screw from any manufacturer of diatonic harps work? Or does each company have a unique size that can only be obtained from there? I have not been able to find any reference to the screws on the Fender website, nor in local music stores. Would the $15 package work …. Or if I find a cheap harp at a thrift store for $5 should I buy that? (And scavenge the screws?) If the $15 package really contains dozens of screws with sleeves it might be justifiable. (But it still grates. :slight_smile: ). Thanks for any advice or suggestions. I love the blues. Despite being a real beginner I may be teetering on the brink of getting a bend. So glad I came across Harmonica.com I really enjoy reading the messages on the forum.

4 Likes