$15 for 2 Screws for Golden Melody?

I think these will fit. They talk about stainless steel reed reeds on this site. Seydel are the only manufacturer who make stainless steel reeds. size 1 screws for the Fender Deluxe,but check with fender. I could be mistaken just read that the reeds are brass!

Fender don’t say what the Deluxe reeds are but they do say the deville is phosphor bronze which indicates it’s made in China.

3 Likes

Hello @Ren_de, hello @Dai,
Since I use both the Fender Deluxe and the Seydel Lightning, I just did the practical test.
The screws and sleeves were exchanged and installed on both models.
Good news, they match each other!
You could also just swap the sleeves or screws, all the same size in diameter and length.
Both models use Phillips screws. Only the heads of the Seydel screws are larger and flatter, no problem!

I hope I could help!

Best Regards from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

5 Likes

Hi Astrid! Hi Gai! You guys are the best. Thanks for your insights and experience! My confidence level is inching up as I learn more from the folks on the Forum….

3 Likes

It’s me again @Dai and @AstridHandbikebee63. One more question related to mix and match parts from different manufacturers… Would you know if valves from Hohner will work in an EastTop 16 hole chromatic harp? Or would another type of valves (other than EastTop) work if Hohner would not? I hope to be able to do most of the maintenance work on the harps I have and see that AliExpress.com has a repair kit (Benge) for around 38.00 Canadian. I also saw a magnifying led headband for less than $19 with free shipping. Thanks again…

1 Like

Hello @Ren_de,
Unfortunately I do not know! I do have the Hohner and Easttop Chromatic Harp, but I won’t be disassembling them to test it.
That being said, I wouldn’t mix models and valves on the chromatic either. It’s too special then! From the overall size and shape alone, they are too different.
But I can be wrong here!

I also don’t know the headlamp with a magnifying glass! I use a floor lamp with a built-in magnifying glass. I’ve been looking for a long time because the quality varies widely here.
Make sure it’s enlarged enough. And quality counts for the sake of your eyes.

Regards Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

No idea to be honest.

1 Like

Hi @AstridHandbileBee63, and @Dai

I just received and installed two Seydel cover plate screws and sleeves (size 1) from wilsonmusic.ca ($7.25 CAD) in my Fender Blues Deluxe diatonic harp. I am grateful for your insights and advice that helped me find the solution to the missing screws… Thanks so much!

1 Like

Correction the screws were from themusicstand.ca….

2 Likes

Hello @Ren_de,
perfect, I am very happy :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:.

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad it helped.

2 Likes

@rich3 I just can’t thank you enough for recommending the headset. My poor near field eyesight is one of my blockages about opening up harps more often, and I just ordered the your recommendation and I’m so excited when it comes to put it to use!

3 Likes

This is Hohner and KHS America at the moment. Hohner is the gorilla and KHS is George

1 Like

I had to do a double take on take question. For just a split second I thought you we getting a two for one. I quickly realized I just order some extra plate screws and got about 8 for around $ 15. Its probably the complete hold down that cost so much.

Luke don’t feel bad. In the eight grade the biology teacher was teaching us about genetics and said males are much more prone to balding. I ask if if females ever get balded and all the sudden the whole class was laughing at me including the teacher. I realized what I said could be taken in more than one way.

Scott4

Scott4

Thanks for the tip. I have been looking for a good one of these for ages. The light is great. Fixing lots of things and some sewing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the post. I noticed the link is no longer correct [New link](Dilzekui Headband Magnifying Glass with Light, Rechargeable Head Magnifying Glasses 1X to 14X, Magnifying Headset with 6 Detachable Lens, Hands Free Head Mount Magnifier for Close Work Reading Crafts https://a.co/d/cuz5sWs)

4 Likes

Noticed the price has almost doubled. Here’s same item $5 less than inflated price. [Amazon next day headset ](AZFUNN Headband Magnifier 1.5X to 13X with LED Light, Head Mount Magnifying Glass Free Hand Rechargeable Magnifier for Close Work Reading Jwewlry Crafts Repair Amazon.com)

1 Like

At $15 for 2 screws, it isn’t hard to see who’s getting screwed.

4 Likes

:rofl:, @dwise7985

2 Likes

I’m looking to add a “new member” to my team. I’m thinking of a Marine Band in Key of G. I found one on Amazon for $47, which seems like a good price.

Here’s my question, which in some strange way seems to be apropos for this thread:

As someone who likes “screws” to open my harps and fiddle with them now and again if something doesn’t seem right, the lack of screws on the Marine Band 1896 concerns me.

Should it?

How easy is to open and repair a harp with nails instead of screws?

Any experience out there on opening up the Marine Band 1896? :thinking: :thought_balloon:

3 Likes

Hello @HarpinBobbyMcB,
Nice to hear from you!

I think if you replace the screws with nails then the harp will not be airtight. Apart from that, the nails are very fine and definitely not easy to attach :thinking:.

Merry Christmas and greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes