Anybody have experience with Shaker mikes?

I am tempted to buy my first harmonica mike, and the online source where I usually go to buy equipment here in Tokyo is offering a deal on the Shaker Maddog mikes. Poking around the internet, it seems they have a good reputation, but I haven’t seen them mention by the gearheads on this forum. Has anybody tried them? How does it compare to the Shure 520DX for about the same price?

3 Likes

I own a dozen mics, including the Shaker.
If you want a mic that will make ANY small tube amp sound great, get the Bulletini with Volume Control.
I promise you will be very happy

3 Likes

That’s quite a collection! Like I say I live in Tokyo, and it seems like the only way to get a Bullitini to me wold be to order it direct, and I expect customs & shipping would add about 30~50% to the price… making it a much more expensive investment for my first foray into getting a harmonica mike… I would guess something like three time the price of what I can get the Maddog for.

3 Likes

The solution seems clear: buy the Maddog.

4 Likes

Get the Shaker

4 Likes

I love my Shaker. Made in the USA, great after-sales service, high quality and most importantly, small size as my hands are somewhat small.
Enjoy
Robert
The Great White North.

3 Likes

Thanks for your review! Which Shaker do you have? The standard one? the mad cat or maddog?

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try a shaker but haven’t yet been able to.

Rock on,
Luke

2 Likes

I have small hands and just love my Shaker.

3 Likes

Robert can you please take a picture and/or tell us what model you have? :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Mad Dog with long cable.

4 Likes

I have a shaker also! I have a maddog

3 Likes

@johnreffitt1962 do you love your shaker?

1 Like

I do! It allows me to do hand techniques comfortably! Still pretty new to the whole mic thing, but i have no complaints so far…i picked up a Zoom A1X Four processor today and i cant wait to mess with it!! Stand by!! Lol!

3 Likes