Harmonica Humor

piano man

Be careful! Piano Man is a gateway song. Oh Susanna, it could lead you down country roads, or give you a ride in a low rider. Or take the Blackfoot train. You can lean on me if you need to. If you have the Will you can be a freebird. Whatever you do, don’t lose your harmonica because without it there ain’t no sunshine.

12 Likes

Not a harmonica unfortunately, but I’m sure you can relate!

6 Likes

I should get a cat to move the blame away from me :laughing:

5 Likes

When my wife plays the saxophone, I prune the trees out in the street, so people don’t think it’s me!

7 Likes

@LeoJ and @Dave_Dunn,

my neighbor when I play…:joy:

5 Likes

That’s a savy move!

3 Likes

One of my favourite movie harmonica scenes from 1991’s City Slickers.
(4) City Slickers (7/11) Movie CLIP - A Song With Curly (1991) HD - YouTube

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

:joy: Nice one @dm1usnret

@jeffw OMG :25-:40 is my new favorite movie clip of all time! GUARANTEEEE I’m gonna find a way to work that into some YouTube lesson at some point! :rofl: ROFL!!!

Every time I see there’s been a new post in the “Harmonica Humor” thread I always get excited! Thanks for starting it @dm1usnret. :pray:t3: Laughter does good like a medicine.

7 Likes

To infinity and beyond!

9 Likes

They should have taken two!

8 Likes

Love it! :smile::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Don’t we all. :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice! Yes indeed. My dog howls like CRAZY any time I play harp at all…EXCEPT, I just discovered, I can walk him and play at the same time and he does just fine! GOOD TO KNOW. I’ve been taking the advice of Joe Filisko, Corky Siegel, and others that walking and playing is a great way to develop better time, and I’ve been LOVING it.

Now, bonus, my dog Ozzy get’s to have a walk at the same time! (Yes, my dog’s name REALLY is Ozzy! :metal:t3::sunglasses:)

Thanks for the comic relief. Always appreciated!

6 Likes

You are most welcome. Every time we can cause someone to smile, an angel gets their wings. Or something like that. :grin:

7 Likes

A few weeks ago when I was with uncle, he told me he always wanted to be able to walk up and down the street while playing the harmonica. I think he was ahead of his time.

Walking while playing the harmonica is great exercise and practice at the same time, though it may change the state of others along the way.

Bonus time for my dog, Foxy. I like to go without my phone, so it’s just me, my harp, and my dog…

That sounds like a great title for a Country song:

Me, My Harp and My Dawg

Maybe we can ride around in my pickup truck? :joy:

8 Likes

pickles-hcats070208-554437409

It’s been a month since I posted, so here is a two-fer to make up for it.

calvin

8 Likes

Love the jokes. Thanks for finding them.

5 Likes

It took some doing, but I finally learned how to bend, What’s next?

10 Likes

:rofl: Thank you so much for posting this. This may be my favorite thread in the forum. I still giggle abashedly sometimes thinking about the Billy Joel/Darth Vader comparison, lol. So messed up…

Anwho, thanks for the laughs!

4 Likes