Harmonica Humor

@Trapper, oh my God! I throw myself away laughing :rofl::rofl::rofl:. This is the best!

4 Likes

Me too

1 Like

burglars

Now that is cold!

7 Likes

Piano Man is definitely a gateway song. Eventually, you’ll seek out other artists of that genre and you’ll come across Jim Croce and my favorite song ever written called Time in a bottle. He figured out the meaning to life in the words “There never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do, once you find them.”

I love that line so much, I thought about getting it tattooed on my body somewhere. But, that’s a lot of words, I don’t like needles… Ohh, and tattoos on 85% of the people that have them, have absolutely no meaning at all. Especially getting things tattooed on your face…

If I had to choose between Harry Chapin and Jim Croce, Harry would win my vote for best songwriter.

When I was in basic training for the Air Force back in June of '81, We were cleaning the dorm and someone had a radio playing and I heard that Harry Chapin had been killed in a car accident. I asked our Training Instructor if we could have an hour or two of mourning for the loss of such a great songwriter and performer… His response which I still remember to this day… “NO! Now get back in that bathroom and give those toilets another deep cleaning…” He was probably a C&W fan…

3 Likes

@GrumpyGrizzly I actually have a tattoo on my right calf that’s three butterflies trying to pollenate some flowers. Symbolically, butterflies represent healing and rebirth after trauma. A few years before I got that tat, my family and I escaped from an abusive household. I won’t go into detail of the abuse my biodad gave to us because it’s very traumatic but when I got the tattoo when I turned 18, I was recovering from all the trauma I endured for 16 years of my life (which is basically all but 2 years of my life at that point). It was also my mom’s idea to get matching tattoos.

6 Likes

Hi KeroroRinChou. Just read your post and was very moved. I do understand. Let’s say I’m no stranger to early trauma. About to hit sixty and still affected by it and working hard on it.
My oldest daughter and niece have always adored each other. They wouldn’t leave each other’s side unless life gets in the way. Two amazing, beautiful beings. When my daughter was seven and a half months pregnant, they were T-boned by a quarry truck doing 80 kph. Took over an hour to safely cut my girl out. In amongst everything going on with her at the hospital she had an emergency C section. Baby flourished after a few days.
A bit after getting back home the girls got “a” hand tattoo, looking at them separately you have no idea what they are, it’s only when they hold hands you can see it, “complete”. Take care my friend

3 Likes

Hey, wait on. Aren’t we meant to be doing comedy here? Hmmm……… let’s see.
I was born with a rare congenital condition where I don’t have a mouth. People tell me I sound great when I’m playing, but my music stinks. I have a problem with the over bends, but my over blows are incredible.

7 Likes

Ha that took me a second read before the joke sunk in, then I very nearly lost my coffee over the keyboard.

Well played

3 Likes

What do you mean by joke. Man. It’s a serious problem. But the bonus is no one asks if they can have a go on my harp. Love your “well played” comment :grinning::v:

3 Likes

So I’m always talking about “the deep relaxed mouth position” because having a good lip seal is foundational to having great tone.

I was very surprised to see that my 3 year old son’s magazine was ALL about having great tone: it’s all about that Harp Seal, Baby! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

7 Likes

:rofl: Toooooooooooog!!! YESSSSSS!!! :joy::raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes

I can’t stop laughing :joy:

2 Likes

Ok, now I know what I’m getting for my theoretical nieces and nephews. That’ll teach my siblings for picking on me.

3 Likes

And once you bend it, you’ll be country home.

1 Like

I nearly thought that was uncle fester.

1 Like

A quick comment on a musical discovery I made today. Well actually, it is more like “How to Make the Ultimate Bicycle Warning Bell”.

It is simple really. Ride up behind some folks blocking the bike path and blow/draw your harmonica like a train whistle loudly.

Everybody moves! Works in any key! (actually only “C” and “E” confirmed so far)

7 Likes

I have genuine recordings of different train whistles on my phone as ring tones etc. This was fine until one evening I was half asleep along with most of the other passengers on a very old train in Thailand. My phone went off with the loudest whistle I have. Everyone woke up and was momentarily alarmed. I just looked around like everyone else and pretended to be just as puzzled quickly secretly turning my phone to silent. Very embarrassing.

8 Likes

That’s so funny. I can picture it :rofl:

4 Likes

Does the train stop - just kidding? :laughing:

1 Like