Harmonica Humor

Hahaha :joy:

This is a good alarm system to keep intruders away!

I have a funny, or maybe not so funny harmonica story. The other day I wss playing some harmonica for a friend of mine and he told me:

“Hey, that’s great! I love country music.”

Only problem is that I don’t play any Country music :joy: Oops :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Oh dear, that would have been awkward. There’s a line from a television program from many years ago, I think it was Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies. When asked what kind of music he likes, he replied “I like both kinds of music, country AND western” Still makes me laugh when I think of it.

4 Likes

I love that line as well @PapaCurly!

I was actually just learning the Beverly Hillbillies theme song the other day…

Now that was some great humor!

“Come listen to a story about a man named, Jed…”

:joy:

5 Likes

l like Rhythm AND Blues. :smiley:

4 Likes

Enjoy.

5 Likes

:rofl: OMG LOL!!! My favorite is “guys be nice. stick to the coda conduct.” :joy:

3 Likes

I made this myself.

4 Likes

hole in one

I wonder what key it is.

6 Likes

Hey @dm1usnret,
what is that? Looks older… :grin:.

1 Like

This made me think of Weird Al for some reason. This is from his 1989 film UHF. The cool part is that Mark Knofler is playing the guitar. Permission was given to Weird Al to make the song, but only if Mark Knifler could play the guitar. WIERD AL YANKOVIC - Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies (Official HD Video) - YouTube

3 Likes

This is me, the top picture. I am more of a Festus player abut my English is not as good. This serves as my real introduction. I just cannot sing like Festus can nor can I ride a mule. My dad put my older brother and me on a mule he bought a day before my sixth birthday. next morning I went to brush my teeth and learned what a Texas size black eye looked like. The mule tossed both of us straight up and my forehead landed on his head. My sling shot shooting improved greatly as I hit that ole mule in the butt many times. Hopefully the harmonica will be better for me than trying to sit on a mule.

2 Likes

LOL!!! It’s a ONE HOLE harmonica!!! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

They ran out of money to put additional holes… :joy:

3 Likes

My research says this 1-hole harmonica is called a “depression harmonica” as it was made at the same time as Depression glass, glassware made in the period 1929–1939, often clear or colored translucent machine-made glassware that was distributed free, or at low cost, in the United States and Canada around the time of the Great Depression.
There are very few in existence today as it is reported that most were swallowed during a particularly excited draw note.
(You learn something new every day whether you want to or not. :grin:)

6 Likes

So, new to all this after 25 of on-off guitar playing. Just waiting on the postie.
harmonica

8 Likes

An east Texas flat.

4 Likes

Uh… Do you get many requests for “One Note Samba?”

3 Likes

@dm1usnret … brilliant imagery! Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey guys, I solved my 2 draw problem! :wink:

6 Likes

Don’t play angry! Well you can start out angry, but it will calm you down. Scientifically proven. (I’m pretty sure it is. If not it should be.)

7 Likes