Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @DukeSilver !
Do you have the moustache to go with the name? :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @grussem and congrats on getting your harmonica. I hope you have so much fun. I love Pink Floyd and have enjoyed different albums of theirs at different times in my life, but the one that has most stood the test of time for me is Dark Side of the Moon. Must confess I’ve never tried to play a Pink Floyd song on harmonica though!
Rock on,
Luke

4 Likes

Love the username @DukeSilver :saxophone: as well as @Dave_Dunn’s follow up question about the mustache! Welcome to the forum. :sunglasses:

All of your musical training and experience will obviously give you a huge leg up on learning the harmonica. Congrats on picking up some great harps. And I do hope that you decide to do Beginner to Boss, I would love to hear how it goes for you.

Rock on,
Luke

3 Likes

I think it has been scientifically proven that Wish You Were Here is THE perfect album :slight_smile: but seeing DSOTM performed live was a magical experience I must admit!

4 Likes

I’m not manly enough to grow a stache like that. :joy:. Just started the course. Looking forward to it.

4 Likes

For those in the dark…
0464ce056023e8b1a642b86de11d79af

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Dave_Dunn,
I see my microphone :microphone:. :grin: :sunglasses:
DSOTM is very good and saxophone anyway.

2 Likes

I do play sax… or I did years ago. But I just love the Ron Swanson character and his alter ego.

4 Likes

Hi there. My name is Annie, I am from South Africa.

5 Likes

Hi Annie
What is your ain from joining the forum. What do you play?

3 Likes

Hi fellow harmonica players. My name is Chloe and I live in Latham. I’ve only recently begun this trip and am thoroughly loving it. I’m still struggling with the actual single notes, but I’m determined to keep going.

5 Likes

Hello Luke know you from YouTube and started the course 1 week ago it is very good and a lot of fun I’m busy practicing greetings from Austria Vienna.

5 Likes

Hi @leutlalfred

Welcome to the forum. I am in the SW part Germany and Astrid @AstridHandbikebee63 is also in DE.

If you have any questions concerning harmonicas or harmonica playing then this forum is a good place to get assistance.

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Welcome. You will get them with practice. This is an amazing course.

4 Likes

Thank you, Toogdog :smile: :smile: :smile:

3 Likes

Hello @leutlalfred,
welcome and greetings to beautiful Vienna in Austria, from the Ruhr area.
I’ve already been named by @Slim, thanks!
Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

Herzlich Willkommen und Grüße aus dem Ruhrgebiet ins schöne Wien in Österreich.
Ich wurde bereits von @Slim benannt, danke!
Liebe Grüße von Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

2 Likes

@grussem Welcome! Frustratingly fun sometimes but always fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What up cats!

I’m stoked to join this group of harp minded individuals. I hope that being a part of a collective will help to get my to my ass practicing. Looking forward to hearing all the sick music y’all make - much love

7 Likes

no need for introductions i would think. i wanted to learn the harmonica for many years. now that i have the chance and time i simply dont care anymore. i bought 3 new harmonicas i bought to learn with but i tossed them in the trash this morning. i got a paid full lessons course ill give to somebody that maybe cant afford it. ill check back in a week and the first person that responds ill send my login info, ive no use for it.

3 Likes

Hello @jrifter128175,
no, I do not need your course because I have already completed the BTB.
Your decision is sad, but you’ll know why you’re doing it, not what you’re missing out on.
Maybe you can donate your paid course to a school in your town?
The three harps would certainly have been welcome there, but thrown away is thrown away. Perhaps a new talent would have been discovered?
Had, would, if, too late.
Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes