Introduce Yourself!

@Slim

Thank you so much!

Two things: 1. there’s ALWAYS room for a bad joke and 2. you’re NEVER too old to pick up a new instrument! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

3 Likes
  1. +1 :+1:
  2. +1 :+1:

Sum = +2 :+1::+1:

Thanks, @Christine

– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ciao Claudio
Hope she enjoys the ride. Does she already play any other instruments? Alot of the guys here do which gives them an edge on the theory. I only danced. I still do but not in public. I love the lessons and manage to catch on to a lot of it. It’s interesting to learn how the rhythm is explained in detail. I hope she can join the forum herself at some stage. Nita

4 Likes

I’m on a Harper - Musslewhite binge right now myself. Love how Charlie has modified his sound to play to his strengths as he ages. I think he’s about 80 now so it gives me some direction on how I should be playing.

:v:

4 Likes

Lol, yeah, his play is always more full of guts and spirit and less of notes. I’ve 40 years to train enough to be able to play a few of his sounds :smile: , life goals :laughing:

5 Likes

Hello Nita, yes she plays cello since 2 years and takes lessons at the music school weekly.
Yeah, she is very keen on music and I hope she will continue to study and learn. Currently she hasn’t get the grip with a pc yet. Maybe soon:)

5 Likes

Great response SLIM. :+1: :laughing:

3 Likes

Hey @Don1 welcome my brother. Thanks for your kind words. I remember saying something like what you’re saying:
“I got no feeling for music whatsoever”
I said it to an amazing saxophone player friend of mine who was professional, and was mentoring me. I wanted to be professional but had nowhere near his level of musicianship, and he said to me:
You take music just as seriously as I do, so from my perspective, we’re on the same level.
That blew my mind. Could I ever actually be on his level, I thought to myself? His words led me to believe that maybe someday there was some chance.

On a similar note, from your post it’s obvious to me that you definitely DO have a BIG FEELING for music!

Music came very slowly to me, which is why it’s easy for me to teach it in small bite-size bits. I told someone once “I didn’t have a natural gift to learn music easily” and she said to me, “yeah, but you had the PASSION gift.”

Sounds like you have the passion gift too @Don1! You’ll be shredding before you know it. Glad you’re having fun. Keep it up! :metal:t3:

5 Likes

@LeoJ welcome here - yes can’t beat the harmonica for portability! I love Charlie Musslewhite too. Rock on.

3 Likes

Hey Claudio - welcome to the forum my friend! How old is your daughter?

2 Likes

Hey @Claudio81 ,

Make sure your daughter checks out this youtuber:
https://www.youtube.com/user/del78ful

He has laid out easy tabs for many westerns, including ‘The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly’, ‘the magnificent seven’ and more. If she is brand new, she will have a little work to do to get clean single notes and jumps but these sound great on harmonica! (Just make sure to use the diatonic tabs and not the chromatic versions)
Keith

5 Likes

Thanks Keith!

1 Like

Hello Luke, she’s 9 y.o.

2 Likes

Aww! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: That’s so awesome she’s into harmonica!!! :raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes

Hello everyone from Monterey County California! I just got my harmonica yesterday! My short term goal is to learn how to play enough to have fun. My long term goal is to become good enough to play my favorite Pink Floyd songs with the harp! I’m looking forward to learning and interacting with everyone. Cheers!

8 Likes

Hi
Nice to hear from you. You’ll get plenty of encouragement here. Good luck. Go slow and don’t be surprised if you can’t get things first up. Some parts of the course take time but then all of a sudden you get it
Nita

6 Likes

Welcome @grussem !
Pink Floyd on harmonica sounds like a great goal! :+1:

6 Likes

Probably visiting Pompeii again next year. Would be great to play Wish You Were Here on harmonica in the centre of the Amphitheatre :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That would be surreal @jeffw , maybe you and @grussem could work it out for the rest of us! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

4 Likes

Musician from SW Missouri. I have degrees in piano and voice but dabble in a lot of things. My mom bought me a Marine Band and a book and tape as a kid. I enjoyed it, but kind of forgot about it over the years. I recently stumbled on your YouTube channel and it motivated me to buy a couple of Crossovers and Special 20’s. So I’ll probably try your online lessons.

5 Likes