Show us Your Harps, Mics, & Amps!

@2046 thank you so much for your reply. OK, I’m interested in the Cherry Mouth, lol. Now, looking at your Etsy it looks like the harmonica is assembled (already has reeds inside of it.)

Or are you just selling wooden coverplates/comb and buyer has to assemble himself a Seydel harmonica purchased separately??

1 Like

HI Luke
Just cover plates. That way people can enhance their own harmonica with their own tuning. It would be insane to deliver all the tuning in all the possible harmonica types even just form Seydel range. Although if you really want to get the whole harmonica assembled and do not mind to wait bit more, you can tell me what harmonica you want I can get it and assemble it all for you. The price will rise for the price of the harmonica you choose. But in general I think that the covers them self is better choice as you can just put them ot the harmonica you have, maybe more than one and find the right pair that suites your taste the most… well it is up to you indeed.
Looks like you really consider to get it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Let me know before you hit the button. Might be useful for you to choose the finish. see the page where I try to explain pros and cons of the oil and acrylic finish.

In nutshell the oil finish is more beautiful but needs some care, the acrylic dampens the wood color potential but it does not need any special aftercare.
If I do not have your chosen combination “in stock” already I will make new one for you.

3 Likes

Aw man am I happy to be posting this! I just got my 7 new Joe Spiers harmonicas set up for overblown, all Parott-tuned, with custom Todd Parrott combs. These babies were NOT cheap, but for me worth every penny. Play / sound /feel / look AMAZING:

I AM A VERY HAPPY MAN!!! :heart_eyes:

Also, I should update the main bag I’ve been using for the last year on all my gigs is the one so generously gifted to me by Tetsuo Manchero from Tombo:

This thing is so awesome. Fits 18 harps which seems to work well for all my gigs, goes over the shoulder, looks attractive, has other pockets for other things (like car keys, dental floss, CBD oil, and a spare battery for my guitar :rofl:) The inside comes out:

If anybody wants one, Tetsuo said I can get for you for $100 + $20 shipping. Not cheap, but his bag is amazing. The insert fits perfectly on the Hercules shelf that I attach to my mic stand, which Jimmy Kednik turned me onto:

Also, FYI if you like the look of Todd Parrott’s combs, you can order a Crossover from him, and he’ll put the comb in it for you and the total is only $100 + shipping which is only like $20 more than a regular Crossover. For me it’s a no-brainer. I love the look and feel, and the fact that I can wash them under a faucet without any worry about swelling over time. If interested, just msg him on Facebook.

I bought 2 from him in 2023 like this which I asked him to country-tune for me (raise -5 a half-step) and super happy with the results.

For amplified stuff I’m continuing to use my Jason Ricci signature mic from Lonewolf Blues Co., into a Pedalboard that includes the Harp Attack pedal which I have always on, a few other of my guitar pedals ending with a stereo reverb pedal and I send one to my HOG20 amp and the other to my Blackheart 5W head into 4x4" Crate cab.

I continue to find that one small amp doesn’t quite cut through the mix the way I need it to, but 2 small amps gets the job done, and it’s an easier schlep than one big amp.

That’s my 2024 gear update!

5 Likes

Got the winter blues! So added a new harmonica :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aw yeah! Congrats man. Let us know how she goes…

2 Likes

And this one I could not resist!

3 Likes

I bought the deluxe first (Cheap) to see if I’d like adding harmonica to my repertoire… after choosing to stick with it I bought the hohner sp20 and the deville… I think I may up my game soon to the hohner crossover.

I will be adding a new guitar and amp this year as well as a hand free harmonica kit of sorts.

3 Likes