Show us Your Harps, Mics, & Amps!

Here is my gear.

Marine Band in C and D.
Golden Melody in C and A.
Lee Oskar, Bluesband and Fender Blues Deluxe.

9 Likes

Hello @tom2340,
you have some harps that i have too. :slightly_smiling_face: Unmistakably, of course, the Hohner Golden Melody. Here I have the C and G, both of which I like to use on soulful songs. And I have the Fender Blues Deluxe set of 7. I like them, despite the lower quality. Only at 2 you “taste” the simple metal. When I get a chance, I’ll attach a thin strip of transparent adhesive tape (office) along the edge, which helps. Thanks to the set I got to know the pitch Bb, which I like to use. I would probably never have bought Bb individually. Thank you for your introduction. Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

6 Likes

I have 18 harps, ranging from a Pocket Pal to 2 Seydels, 2 Lee Oskers, 1 Suzuki Blues Master, 1 Golden Melody, 1 old Echo Harp, 1 Suzuki 21 hole Tremelo, and 7 keys of Special 20s. I showed a sampling my profile picture. No other gear to speak of. (oh, I keep a Bluesband in the car.)

5 Likes

Hello @pastorbk,
this is very good and I like it. :notes::smiley:.

3 Likes

I had a Hohner very much like that one, only different lettering on it. It was sold at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland as a promo/souvenir. Same kind of box, too. If I still had it, I’d post a pic. Mine really wasn’t a very good harp.

7 Likes

Hi @Maka
I thought i had GAS but i’ve got nothing compared to your major flatulence!! Seriously hard core. Luv it! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

5 Likes

6 Likes

#goals
@stevenlois1 Very nice

1 Like

Thank you

That’s a heck of a collection! Man, I’d like to try out some of those amps! Good stuff.

4 Likes

Thank you.
I have been playing since 1969, so have been collecting for a while. My gigging rig is Special 20’s with Recessed brass combs from Tom Halchak,playing through the Bulletini microphone through the Kalamazoo

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your gear. Is the Fender Champion 20 amp a good one for a beginner harmonica player. Does it have options like reverb, echo, etc.? What mic are you using?
Thanks so much for helping.
Mark

2 Likes

What mic are you using with the Fender Champion 20. Does the Fender Champion have effects such as reverb and or echo?
Thanks,
mark

1 Like

Hello, new member, here’s my stuff, I have alot of microphones with CR/CM elements in them.

5 Likes

Here’s my amps

3 Likes

Hi @KeefDeBluesHarpRobot

So which amp works best for you? Which one(s) would you not advise a harp player to use (or better: when should each amp be best used by a harp player)? Also the same for your huge microphone collection: which one for what particular situation?

Thank you for your post and a reply,
– Slim

3 Likes

I use the Pignose Hog 20 amp for audio recordings and YouTube videos (see KeefTheUkuleleRobot), it’s probably one of the few solid state amps that sound pretty good with amped harp. For playing I like the Monoprice SB12 50 watt tube amp. For solo playing I usually use a mike with a Shure controlled reluctance or magnetic element or old Shure crystal element; when playing with music I might go for something a little less ferocious like the Turner Challenger or Shure Commando (pictured). For beginners: avoid the currently made Shure 520DX and maybe concentrate on something Japanese, about 1960ish with 10,000 ohms or more, often cheap and awesome (the first 2 pictures, the silver Calrad was $10.58 total cost, NOS, 50,000 ohms).

6 Likes

Very interesting, @KeefDeBluesHarpRobot and thank you for the information. The Pignose Hog 20 is new to me, as are the Calrad and Shure Commando microphones. Maybe they are not available in Germany (where I live) … :thinking:

Regards,
– Slim

2 Likes

All on eBay

3 Likes

How do you like the Turner Challenger with fin? They look so cool, but is it a little tough to hold, or do you get used to it?

2 Likes