Stage Right 15 Watt Mods?

Ahhh thank you. I missed that. Rock on and thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

It tried the Orange micro which I wrote about here: Low Cost Battery-Powered Amps

For solid state, I like the HOG 20 which I’ll do a demo of soon, but of course I believe tubes are really a BIG component of that classic blues tone.

@KeefDeBluesHarpRobot do you have a Hog20 or Hog40 I can’t remember?

2 Likes

I have a Hog 20, I don’t think there is a Hog 40, there’s a Hog 30 and Pignose also has a 40 watt tube amp.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Maybe you know this, but it has lead-acid batteries like a car, not lithium like a phone. So don’t ever let the batteries run all the way down as it will probably not work well afterwards. A good policy is to just keep topping it off, whenever you use it just plug it in for awhile and it’ll shut off when done. If it’s sitting unused for several weeks top it off again. This is why you probably shouldn’t buy a used one.

2 Likes

The only thing I consistently see in the same price range that might be able to compete with the 15w monoprice are used Fender Super Champ XD’s and X2’s. They’re a hybrid amp. Seems like I remember the guitar guys being kinda wishy washy about them when they were new.

2 Likes