What song are you working on?

Hello @toogdog ,
this is great fun to listen to.:clap:

Regards Astrid

4 Likes

And I have to admit, Iā€™ve never listened to Elton John either. So, I havenā€™t heard that song!

4 Likes

@Ijandar this is awesome. The animation is legendary. What is interesting is that, it is re-watching that animation recently, some 25 years after, and thinking back with nostalgia about my time in Japan and one of my best friend there whoā€™s an amazing harmonica player, that made me pick up @Luke course and start learning harmonica. I wish I can play that one day.

1 Like

I re-listened to the whole album of the animation soundtrack and itā€™s hard to believe they produced such a beautiful album for what some might call ā€œa simple cartoonā€. Most multi-million dollar Hollywood movies donā€™t get a soundtrack like that!
Anyway, I found the Spokey Donkey track on harptabs : https://www.harptabs.com/song.php?ID=16007

1 Like

Hello there James, thanks for chiming in.

Iā€™ve found the songs which are easiest for me to learn are those Iā€™ve had buzzing around in my head for a long time.

If I can hum to a song or whistle it, Iā€™ve got a better chance of being able to play it on the harp :wink:

Go with what you know

2 Likes

Here :point_down: is my song ON OUR WAY on a C harp in 2nd position.

Iā€™d love it if anyone would like to cover it :star2:

The intervals are in the description. They are very easy. Just up and down the Blues Scale :sunglasses: :notes:

Oh by the way @Luke, I like your idea about one hand with harmonica and one on pianoā€¦ Still not quite that coordinated yet, but Iā€™m working on itā€¦ Feels kinda like chewing gum and walking. I get confused :joy:

3 Likes

I am not there yet but I wish I could play Fela on the harmonica like he does:

Although one of my friend (who is a harmonica player in Japan) reaction was: ā€œIā€™m not jealous about his technique but Iā€™m jealous what he does playing Fela on the harmonicaā€. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/auoyfgsdpcfaizzuhvj2f/G-jam-2.m4a?rlkey=o40ftibh1jbyvget0rqlt9899&dl=0

4 Likes

Hello @toogdog ,
I canā€™t started.

Regards Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

Itā€™s the same one I posted before. I just fixed the file I hope

3 Likes

Hi @toogdog

Itā€™s working now ā€“ and sounds great !! :muscle: Keep up the good work !! :point_left:

Regards,

ā€“ Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello @toogdog, wow, this is a big Groove :sunglasses:. I love it!

Regards Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

great song!

1 Like

You are very kind

1 Like

Super :ok_hand:

Love the groove.

I see you saved to Dropbox and created a link from there?

Never thought of that but it seems like a great way to share what we do without having to deal with YouTube.

Any tips you for sharing that might be helpful? :thinking:

Congrats :notes::dancer:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll go through the steps in a day or so. Itā€™s a great way to selectively share.

2 Likes

I am going to make a new topic. Saving and sharing on drop box

3 Likes

Iā€™m currently working on ā€œHeart of Goldā€ by Neil Young. Itā€™s a beautiful piece, and Iā€™m enjoying the challenge. The communityā€™s tips have been incredibly helpful.

Best,
picuki

5 Likes

Anybody tried sea shanties?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had this song buzzing around in my head all day!

What a great song. The harmonica parts are awesome :sunglasses::notes:

1 Like