Which songs are you listening to?

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can post music we currently listen to :grinning:

I’ll start with a great concert of Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite.
My current favorite track (When I go) is included :star_struck:

(If there’s an existing thread, please remove)

4 Likes

I know, no harmonica. But like listening to T-Bone Walker, Dexter Gordon, Jody Williams, Count Basie, Cab Calloway, or Mr. Robert Lockwood Jr., it gets you thinking differently about what to play.

3 Likes

Great funky soul song with the theme of my favorite childhood birdy
Cab Calloway and Count Basie did so much great music as well
No worries about the non harmonica songs, I´m always curious to listen to the songs others enjoy :smiley:

greets from vienna

2 Likes

Tonight, I listened and practiced for about three hours. Just these five plus David “Fathead” Newman’s version of “Hard Times”

3 Likes

Wow I can relate to your 3 hours practice, especially when you´re learning a song.
I´m still learning “All my love is in vain”, its one of my goals to get this one right.

Ill definitely listen to the links you´ve shared after work

Here´s the song I´m studying, currently just getting the first part on point though :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve become completely and insanely obsessed with the Paul Butterfield Blues Band. I have their Pandora channel on XM Radio and it’s all I listen to anymore. Butterfield had a different harp-playing style than anybody I’d ever studied before and it just totally resonates with me.

I’d pay some serious money to hop in a time machine and go back and see them live during the time when Mike Bloomfield and Elvin Bishop were both playing guitar in that group.

5 Likes

Thought this was cool. Dr house “Hugh Laurie” has hidden talents. Don’t know his mates names but they’re alright too. Hope you enjoy.

4 Likes

Love it. Loud!!

1 Like

Very cool. Thanks for posting
I don’t watch much tv, but I remember Dr House. I liked the character.
Yeah, he has more talents than we realised.

2 Likes

He has heaps of cool videos with some amazing support musicians.

1 Like

Hello @PapaCurly, yes, Dr. House I know that too. :smiley:

Thanks, I’m really digging this!

1 Like

Thank you everybody for posting such great songs, I knew the thread would start to be amazing :grinning:

Lately I´m kind of obsessed with my favorite songs and different versions of it

I´m totally in love with the style, skills and total package of this two great musicians
Anybody knows Steve Marriner?
His Harp playing and diverse sound is such a great inspiration, even if I´m just a beginner

Enjoy :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi @djpas

Thanks very much for this video: it is just what the Doctor ordered! And the feeling they deliver in it matches my current mood really well: the latest tests show an excellent result concerning my recent medical crisis.

Happy Holidays & Happy Harping!
– Slim :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hello @Slim,
I’m very happy for you! Keep it up :smiling_face:!

Best Regards from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

2 Likes

Hello @djpas PAScal,
this is a great video with excellent music.
What you can clearly see is how the harp player uses the two microphones. You can clearly hear the difference in sound and the different distances from the microphone.
With the harp player you can also see very clearly what happens in the cheek and larynx area when playing.
The video is an excellent example for beginners on the harp, the lightness and looseness in perfection.
Good idea, thank you!

Best Regards from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

Hi @Slim

I´m glad to hear that the video helps with your mood and I´m holding my thumbs that your medical situation will get better :grinning:

Happy holidays from vienna

PAScal

3 Likes

Hi @AstridHandbikebee63

I totally agree, the mic and harp technique is great to observe
Wow, I didn´t realize the cheek and larynx working when he plays but again, I´m soooo obsessed with this song and this version that I can´t stop watching it :joy:

Many greets and happy holidays

2 Likes

Hi PAScal @djpas

Thank you for the kind words! I’m happy to report that the critical phase has been successfully passed! :nerd_face: I should be released to go home on Friday, Dezember 22 – just in time to do some Holiday celebrations with the family!! :champagne::clinking_glasses::christmas_tree::musical_note:

Best wishes to you for the Holiday Season!

Regards from SW Germany,
– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi @Slim,

that´s amazing news, I´m glad you can be at home to celebrate with the family.

Many greets to SW Germany

P.S.: Did anyone consider creating a Zoom event to get to know the students more?
I´m the moderator of the fastest growing GongFu/MyTeaPal (tea) community and we have regular get together events and they are a lot of fun.
Would´nt it be nice to meet up and have a chat with fellow students?

2 Likes