Introduce Yourself!

Welcome aboard @Rimshot! I’m looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Regards,
Pine

3 Likes

Welcome to the club Rimshot love playing harp like we all say small but blows a powerful punch love it.

3 Likes

Ha! Right on, @rimshot! Congrats on getting bends already!

Yes, even when I play electric guitar on gigs I’ve got a guitar, an amp, a pedalboard - can’t arrive without a dolly. But with harmonica everything can fit in a small backpack! It’s fun to travel light for sure!

Welcome to the forum.

Aloha,
Luke

4 Likes

Thanks Luke!

2 Likes

I was advised by a drummer to be the singer. Even easier yet

2 Likes

Aloha people!!! How is everybody doing?? I just found this form after being a part of harmonica.com for about a month maybe a little bit more. A little bit about myself, I am a truck driver during the day Batman at night :joy::joy::joy: i’m just kidding!! or am I !! no I am lmfao why I chose the Harmonica and not any other instrument I have no clue, I believe The harmonica chose me, and saved me from total and utter darkness and destruction maybe one day I will share what I mean by that but until then happy harping everybody

4 Likes

Well happy harping

2 Likes

Well if any instrument will bring you out of total darkness and destruction, its gotta be the harp!

Hope you enjoy it and stick with it @King_zak, welcome!

4 Likes

Hey @King_zak great to see you here in the forum, my man. Welcome! So glad that you’re part of our harmonica fam.

Rock on,
Luke

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @King_zak

3 Likes

Welcome fellow harpie

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,
I’m Jeff, a retired engineer with grandkids. About a year ago I was given a cheap Hohner so I could make some sounds with my 2 year old grandson. “Low notes… high notes!” I bought another one because the first had some notes missing. Then another and another… until I had one that that worked really well.
I can bang out “Oh Suzanna” and actually sound like I know something but that’s it. My harmonica talent bucket is empty.
For Christmas I was given a nice Seydel Blues 1847 Session Steel in the key of Low C. Wow! It sounds great - if only I had a clue! I am still trying to find the ignition switch and the gas pedal.

I came to this site to find out how to fix some of the reeds on the Hohners . [8 Things to do when a note won’t play.](8 Things To Do When a Note Won’t Play – Tips From Easiest to Hardest
I already tried putting the Hohners in the dishwasher, blowing compressed air through the holds., tapping them on the table. I might even try strapping one to my car air cleaner so it gets vibrated for a while.

In the meantime I’m hoping to learn something about actually playing the instrument and expanding my repertoire so it sounds like I sort of know what I’m doing.
Cheers!
Jeff
Now where did I put the Seydel ignition key?

7 Likes

Hi Luke!
Ernie from The Villages Florida here. Started Blues to Boss about a month ago and for the first time in 71 years I think I DO have the ability to understand music and learn an instrument!
God Bless You!!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Jeff_Engineer!

BTW, strapping your harp to the air cleaner is a very popular way to break in your new harp, but remember it only exercises the draw reeds. You still have to duct tape it to the exhaust for an equal time to exercise the blow reeds. :wink:

2 Likes

Hello @evkeckonen. Welcome to forum. I started about the same time. Hope you are having as much fun as I am… :grinning:

1 Like

Hi PineComb, Nice to meet you. That is a great idea.
I drove 20 miles today with them inside an old VCR cassette case zip tied to the air cleaner. Thanks for the reminder. They are still out there and it’s about freezing out there!
We’ll see if all that vibration worked! I’ll let you know.
Jeff

2 Likes

Hey, Jeff welcome to the forum! Happy to have you here!

Aloha,
Luke

1 Like

Woo hoo! Congrats and God bless you , Ernie! You do indeed have the ability my friend. Glad you’re committing to it fully.

May your journey bring you and others much joy.

Rock on,
Luke

3 Likes

Thanks PineComb! Nice to be part of the forum!

2 Likes

Mahalo Luke!

2 Likes