Introduce Yourself!

Hi @brucepigeon. Welcome to the forum. I’m a guitarist as well, and blues is a big part of that. I too am a newb at the harp, but am enjoying the course.

I’m looking forward to hearing about your progress!

2 Likes

Welcome @Dr.Bob so happy to have you here!

Aloha,
Luke

2 Likes

Hey Bruce - thank you so much for the kind words. I’m glad you’re digging the lessons. You doing Beginner to Boss, or just going through free lessons?

Aloha,
Luke

1 Like

Hey Luke…doing beginner to boss course. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Right on Bruce! Glad you’re hanging in the forum now too. You’re gonna be shredding harmonica before you know it, man!

Rock on,
Luke

2 Likes

I am Matthew from Utah. This is a lot of fun! I am enjoying this a lot and my family actually wants to hear me play some of these songs already. Wow! I am looking forward to this journey.

4 Likes

Hi @matthewdg78. Welcome to the forum! :grinning: Having fun is important. Its’ great your family wants to hear your playing. Keep it up!

3 Likes

Congrats Matthew! Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Hi all
Signed up for BtoB a few days ago and lovin it. I’m from Southern England and have been wanting to learn the harp for most of my life. My mum used to put a harmonica in my Christmas stocking when I was young but it never really happened, she was German so she loved music, she would be pleased!
Getting on great at the moment but I know there will be bumpy roads ahead😀
Tight notes!
Dug.

5 Likes

Hi Dug @Dug,

Welcome to the forum. I’m sure your Mum is looking down with very proud eyes and will continue to be an inspiration for you to continue with the lessons, even when tough techniques make your progress slow down.

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi @Dug. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the course and enjoy the journey!

1 Like

Cool welcome to the best place around lot of help here Mathew.

3 Likes

Hello @Dug,
welcome to us and have fun learning to play the harp. Your mom will hear it and be happy because music is the bridge between heaven and earth. Do you speak German also? In any case, I send you best regards from Germany. Astrid

3 Likes

Hey Slim
Thanks for those kind words. I’ve been reading some of your posts/replies, you really know your stuff!
Dug.

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Pinecomb,
Happy Harpin’
Dug.

3 Likes

Hello Astrid
Yes, I agree with what you say, music can be magical. It’s my poetry!
No, sadly I don’t speak much German, it wasn’t the “cool” thing to do when I was younger :frowning: My youngest sister has lived most of her life in Germany, her kids always get top marks in their English lessons at school!
Kind regards
Dug.

4 Likes

Hi Dug @Dug,

Thanks for the praise, Dug – but the Master of the Harp Forum is @Luke :+1: :musical_note:

Greetings from Germany from me too,
– Slim :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hi All,
Brand new harp owner here in Northern Virginia. I received a Special20 in C for Christmas and started the Beginner to Boss class about a week after and been thoroughly enjoying it. I’ve been very pleased with the class and the way it progresses. I’ve had a little bit of experience with guitar and ukulele and Jr High school band. That’s helped with chord numbers and other bits of music theory that are introduced in the class.

John

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @JohnnyData! Any experience with another instrument helps with learning the next one. I’m in the early part of the B2B course myself, having started in November. Like you, I’m enjoying the course.

Keep us up to date as you progress. We all like to hear about others’ musical journey.

3 Likes

Hey Dug from Southern England - I’m glad you’re doing your mum proud. Keep having fun and staying inspired - that’s the most important thing.

Rock on,
Luke

3 Likes