Introduce Yourself!

Hey Leon from Tristate! Great to have you here. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Rock on. :sunglasses:
Aloha,
Luke

2 Likes

I absolutely LOVE Richard Wright’s keyboard in Wish You Were Here! It would be cool to play along and mimic the keyboard on that album with a harmonica but I’m unsure if a harmonica has the range to do so. Also, Gilmore’s guitar on that album is some of my favorite of his.

Wish You Were Here is the best album ever recorded :slight_smile: I saw Pink Floyd perform it live along with Animals in 1977. David Gilmour really shines on.

5 Likes

Animals is such an epic album! I love the guitar in Dogs. Gilmore and Mason remastered the entire album in 2018 but due to Dave/Roger issues it’s just being released this coming Friday. “Dogs” was already released and there are noticeable differences between it and the original. There seems to be much more keyboard in the remix and it sounds great.

4 Likes

Gonna be 70 in November, love music, and trying to keep my mind sharp. Really getting into this and appreciating Luke’s expertise and bedside manor.

5 Likes

Hi Barry
What type of music do you want to play. Lots of different tastes here. Makes life interesting.
Nita

4 Likes

Animals is definitely the band’s angriest album. I’ve got the remix on pre-order. And I’m wondering if guitarist Snowy White’s solo on Pigs on the Wing is included this time.

4 Likes

Thanks, toogdog! All kinds including hymns and blues. Even just sitting out on the porch and playing a simple melody! How about you?

3 Likes

I like most music. I would love to play blues but I have found if i don’t know a melody really well I can’t play it. I am not keen on gospel music. I try and play happy stuff with good memories attached. I can play a few Scottish lullabies and a couple of old hymns but without tabs I’m pretty useless. Trying to get the time to practice is difficult but I’m working on that as I find it so relaxing.

5 Likes

Hey everybody, Joe here just checking in and saying hey for the very first time…

6 Likes

Hello @Mojoevobo,

Joe there are lots of kind knowledgeable folks here that are eager to help out if and when they can. I think you will find lots of great information here so check out the other sections. @Luke is our awesome Harmonica instructor and really does a great job keeping this a really cool place to exchange all things harmonica.

Welcome to the forums,

~James

3 Likes

Thank you very much, James. Excited to be here….
And yes, I do have something I really need some help with. If I wanted to point out some of my own goals, to try to match up with the right tuning, which category should I post that in?

3 Likes

Hello @Mojoevobo,
welcome to our forum.

Regarding your question, enter “Theory” in the search field at :mag: above.
In general, you will find many answers to the typical questions of harmonica beginners under the different “Categories”.
Take breaks from playing the harmonica. Especially at the beginning, the many small muscles in the face, tongue and diaphragm need some time. Some muscles you may have never used before and they need to be woken up. Use the breaks to go through the theory. The circle of fifths, for example, is important for finding keys.
Have fun, patience and relax!

Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

5 Likes

Hey Harmonica world! I’m John! Owner of Bushman Music www.bushmanmusic.com.

I’ve been playing since I was 5 years old when my Grandfather gave me my first Harp and have been lucky enough to have started my company creating and selling harmonicas in 1996. I love to teach and I love to learn!

I personally play the Bushman Delta Frost Original. Normally in C, but I play around with many others! I’ve been a collector and player for life and I don’t think that will ever change.

Thank you all for your time! I’m excited to branch out more and connect!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, John @Bushman_Music !! I have never played (or even seen) any of your harps. Do you have any dealers in Europe?

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We are able to ship to most companies in Europe! You can feel free to message me and we can set up an order AND/OR you can go to the website first and figure out which style interests you and we can talk to make sure we fit your needs!

Much appreciation,
John

3 Likes

Hi John @Bushman_Music

I asked about dealers here in the EU because ordering direct from the USA adds not just long delays but also lots of extra costs.

Regards,
– Slim

3 Likes

We are willing to supply any EU dealers if you have any in mind for us to reach out to! I’d love to be able to support any harmonica players in any nation possible!

Thank you for reaching out! I’m excited to hear more!

• John
3 Likes

Hi John @Bushman_Music

I live in Germany and one of the largest musical instrument dealers here is Thomann. You may want to contact them.

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I see that they own the Harley Benton brand. HB has some of the best affordable guitars and basses in the world.

2 Likes