Introduce Yourself!

Welcome Dennis.
Enjoy the journey. You’ll find all the helpful advice you need here and within the course. My top tips would be;
Don’t rush it.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Like the rest of life I guess!

6 Likes

@dennislynn200 - Woo hoo! right on Dennis! Welcome to the forum. Glad to have ya here!

@toogdog is on point with her wisdom as per usual. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Welcome @dennislynn200 from another UK based beginner.

Enjoy your harmonica adventures!

3 Likes

Hello @dennislynn200,

welcome to us and have fun with a good dose of patience and relaxation at the BTB.

I’m just thrilled with your two :parrot::parrot:! Are those rose heads? They are beautiful and I have budgies next to my harps. They are so-called standards and :male_sign:. Greetings from Astrid from Germany

2 Likes

Hi Astrid they are two female black headed caiques, they are true clowns my other is a quaker parrot, also called a Monk parakeet, she is called Casha and the black heads are called Dusty and Ziggy.
I have them next to me all the time and always out during the day.
My late grandad used to breed budgies and canarys many years ago I love the chattering :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Hey Luke.
I’m so inspired by the site and your videos, I managed to start bending and even recorded" just fooln" it’s only a few minutes long and just for fun :+1: :grinning::grinning::grinning:
If I’m feeling this good after 24hrs then who knows what’s coming :+1:
Thanks bud

4 Likes

Hi Kikey,
I only recently moved from Kent to Norfolk I used to live in Rochester, I sold up and moved out​:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

@dennislynn200,

Welcome to the forums. I wish you all the best on your harmonica journey. Slow and steady is how I’m approaching my learning and just try to improve a little each day. Dusty, Ziggy, and Casha might start jamming along with you which would be super cool.

Regards,

James

5 Likes

At the moment it feels like a competition with them but good fun.

3 Likes

Hiya Toogdog thank you for the sound advice.
It that a picture of a Hyacinth macaw?
So many parrots in oz I want them all :grinning::grinning::grinning::+1:

2 Likes

Wow @dennislynn200, I’ve never heard of these parakeets. I can’t remember that there are breeders for it here in Germany.
My budgerigars always chirp merrily to my harp music. Even at the beginning when searching and finding the individual tones, they didn’t complain… :grin:
In the meantime I have completed the BTB and am trying to develop myself further. It is really fun! In between I also had to take longer breaks or I was more active outside in the summer.
Now the harp continues again, also with a few recordings and of course :studio_microphone:. Very funny because my budgies always want to chirp the background music.

1 Like

I did a little recording of bends, just to see what they sounded like, had to shut myself in the kitchen they wanted to join in :grinning::grinning::grinning::+1:

4 Likes

Hi Dennis,
no it’s a Red Tailed Black Cockatoo. He sits outside my office window in a big flowering gum tree. He comes with his family and eats the gum nuts when they are in season. I can also feed Little Corellas by hand on my balcony and have baby magpies come in for a free feed every day. The picture in the background on my profile is a Rainbow lorikeet. He was my pet. He used to live in the house with the dogs and played ball with them. He was a real character.

4 Likes

Interesting. Thanks Slim

2 Likes

They are so beautiful and how fantastic to have them around you in their natural element.

In some parts of the UK we have ringneck parakeets that have colonised in the suburbs, where the temperatures stay a little higher, some people see them as pests however for me they make my day when I see or hear them.
We only see exotic birds in cages it must be pure heaven seeing them free flying and being themselves in the wild.
Nature is a wonderful thing :+1::+1:

5 Likes

Used to be just up the road then!
I’m just south of Maidstone myself, and would love to head up round Nottinghamshire, though persuading Mrs J that moving is a good idea is harder than learning to bend on the harmonica!

2 Likes

I’m getting divorced so never had that problem :grinning::grinning::grinning::+1:
I know Maidstone well used to be in Kent police Sutton Road.
Its stunning out here I’m up near Sandringham.
How’s playing the harmonica going?
Had the day at the tattooists yesterday so didn’t get to practice. :frowning::frowning:

3 Likes

That certainly would give you some more freedom of choice around where to live, I’ll give you that.

Nice - used to go on holiday round various parts of Norfolk as a kid.

Back on track, the harmonica playing is going grand thanks. Hope your playing is chugging along nicely too

3 Likes

Yes thanks Mike had an hour or two isolation, scales etc it’s coming together but not rushing​:+1::+1:

3 Likes

Hi.

My name is Whitt, and i’m a harpaholic.:rofl:
I play country blues style, using karaoke backing tracks, and am heavily influenced by Charlie McCoy, who i’ve admired since the 1970s, and i’ve also played chromatic, with Larry Adler as my idol. Met him after a concert once. He was a Super nice man towards me. I performed in other ways from the 1970s to about 2011, but never with harmonica even though i’ve played by ear since the 70s. And trust me. Playing by mouth is much easier!:rofl:

I have done a few open mics and have one coming up the 29th.

I have a youtube channel, if you’d like to be subjected to my playing😁. Hope i won’t be arrested for posting it here. https://youtube.com/channel/UC7cNOhgB0KMwwz2xf3DIN5w

Looks like a fun and good group. I’ll soon put a stop to that!:sweat_smile: stay well, and happy harpin’. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes