Introduce Yourself!

Hey @hwy61xroads so glad to have you here in the forum! Yeah, I’d echo what @KeroroRinChou recommended - Rockin’ Rons seems to be the ubiquitous spot everyone mentions for harmonicas.

Nice Macaws @HarpinBobbyMcB! :parrot: Make no mistake - birds WILL JAM with you! Guaranteeeeed…

@Southside_Slim welcome to the forum Larry! So glad to have you here my friend. I Have a Hohner Harp Blashter HB-52 myself. It’s actually a great little mic! Which of your mics is your favorite? Also, how does the Boss Mini Katana sound with harp? I’m about to Strat comparing some battery amps - think that’s a good one to put in the running?

@Slim - Aw, thanks so much for your kind words man. :pray:t3:

@upshurjr welcome to the forum Dave the Barber! Just dropped my daughter off at college so I can kinda relate to the empty nester thing, except that I’ve got a 3 yr old son at home and expecting a girl Dec 1st! :rofl: Glad to have you here. Look forward to hearing about your journey…

5 Likes

Wow, beautiful @Luke. Everything good for you!

Thank You Luke and All Else for the warm welcome my favorite mic, well i really dig the HB52 for dirty gritty blues sounds but I like to play clean too and use much hand manipulations in playing that way and for that I prefer the shure 540s pistol grip and an eq and just a skoch of reverb and delay.the katana suprised the hell out of me its legit it dont like much gain with my bullit mic and the brown setting is out of the question with it too but crunch and clean are both what they say i like the crunch the eq has plenty of range for dialing in. the delay is there just not very heavy. I sometimes use it as a preamp from the 3.5 out jack to a 1/4 adapter to line in on my irig duo and line out back to my fender frontman 30w bass amp cranked up blasting from the cakewalk daw and its effects one way i like to practice my improv skills is hb52 with double xlr to hi lo z transformer to the katana set the katana on top of the fender and then set the mic boom with sm58 in front of the katana a little above the top of the fender pointing slightly downwards and then plug my ipad or phone into the fender and crank up my pandora playlist voila so right now i think i like the katana a bit more than my pignose its more versatile for sure its probably got more volume i cant say for sure because the pignose is oos for a little while it needs a small transformer and ive not been able to play through them in a comparison im pretty fond of them both though i mean cmon a frickin pignose there aint nuthin kooler right i gotta say the katana gives a ballsey effort though

1 Like

i forgot the f1/4xf1/4 m 1/4 breakout cable into the fender from the sm58 and pandora device improv setup

1 Like

Hi Luke,
I’m 67 years old and have always wanted to play an instrument competently. So 40 years ago I bought a Hohner Chrometta 12 thinking that buying the most expensive harp in the store would be the best place to start. 40 years later I’m still trying to figure it out. 10 years ago my wife bought me a Hohner Pocket Pal. +6 never worked so I parked it. Now decided that this winter I am going to finally learn this instrument and bought your course. I’ve started it with the Pocket Pal but my Lee Oskar 1910-C should arrive today. Now on day 3 of your hardcore plan and am really enjoying your teaching style. One Love.

5 Likes

Yeah the empty nest thing doesn’t always work! My three left home a while ago. We now have two grandchildren who visit a lot and the neighbours two children (2 and 6) seem to have adopted me too!

5 Likes

Sounds good to me. Its nice to be loved.

7 Likes

It is nice to be loved, but sometimes it’s nicer to be loved from a distance. Too much of anything can be bad for us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Oh yes @stonestone63. :grin:

2 Likes

What’s up Max? I’m so stoked that you’re here, that you’ve got a Lee Oskar coming - or I guess it arrived by now actually - and that you’re enjoying the course! Welcome to the forum, and ROCK ON, my man!!! :metal:t3:

3 Likes

Hi! Does anybody know the first riff of junior wells shes a sweet one? Are the key of the harp? Im like to learn the riff. :v:t4:

3 Likes

Got the Lee Oskar Luke on your recommendation. Really enjoying it, and your course.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the recent new starters to the forum.

Hope you’re all enjoying your musical journey thus far; enjoy your time here on the forum - there’s a nice collection of folks here with plenty of knowledge between everyone collectively.

Have a good day all!

4 Likes

Hey @JohnJohn good to see you bro! Can you please paste a link to the song you’re referencing?

2 Likes
2 Likes

WOW man, thanks :sunglasses:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Hey Luke,
I’m a bit of a prodigy so I hope people don’t get discouraged. I was the kid who would finish the test before the teacher finished handing them out. I just realized I’ve only been in your class for a week and I can bend full bends, tongue block, the whole nine yards. I can play along with your blues, riff lessons on YouTube, but here’s my problem. I have no creativity. When it comes down to making my own riffs, I draw a complete blank. So any suggestions? Anyway, I have absolutely fallen in love with this course. I play 9-12 hours a day.

George

6 Likes

Congrats @Texican_soldier, sounds like you are rocking it!

While it seems boring, practicing scales seems to help on improvisation skills. The more comfortable you get with different scales, the more creative you can be playing your own stuff.

4 Likes

Hi @Texican_soldier ,

There are several very good videos (on YouTube) by Jason Ricci and also by Ronnie Shellist that will get you up and going with improvisation, creating your own riffs, etc. :point_left:

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

2 Likes