Introduce Yourself!

Hey @Texican_soldier so glad you decided to join us in the forum man. Welcome! Maybe check this vid out if you haven’t seen it already:

@JohnJohn great tune man! Here’s the tabs for ya:

3 Likes

Very funny video @Luke. I almost wet may pants watching it. Then I tried a little harder and got there.
Thanks, I’m off for a shower and a change of clothes :joy:

1 Like

Hello. I just signed up and still getting familiar with the forum format. Long time harmonica player who wishes to learn more and improve my skills.

5 Likes

Hi peg_T. Welcome. You’ve made a great decision. I’m pretty new here at the forum, but have acquired so much from it in the short time. The people here are wonderful. A very funny group of people as well. I’m happy to meet another newbie. I’m sure that you will love it here. See ya round :grin:

3 Likes

Hello. Thanks for the response. It will be fun to be here when I can. I’ve already learned that I have been playing in the second position all this time. (gee, who knew?) Who inspired you to pick up a harp? For me it was Richard Salwitz AKA magic Dick of the J.Geils Band, and a friend who used to leave his harmonicas out for me when he was gone and I’d be visiting with his girlfriend.

4 Likes

Does he play harp? :innocent:

4 Likes

Actually, he does play some kind of harp!

The brand is Yellow Breasted Macaw. I just haven’t figured out the key and position he plays yet :wink::+1:

3 Likes
4 Likes

For me it was just opportunity

2 Likes

Hello. I live in SoCal and started playing harmonica in the 70ies while in high school. (dating myself here) I’ve been in a few local bands singing and playing some rhythm guitar and harmonica. Now that I’m retired after decades of employment, I have a little more time to pursue music again. Been attending a weekend jam at a local place as a harmonica player. just want to keep getting better at it. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Peg

7 Likes

Welcome @Texican_soldier and @peg_T

Great to have you both here!

4 Likes

Thanks MikeyJay.
Nice to be here.

4 Likes

Hello! I am 57 yrs old. I played around with the harmonica when I was a kid, but never got serious about it. All my children have grown up and moved out and I started thinking, maybe it’s time to try again! So Here I am!

6 Likes

Hello @busyone5 Welcome, you have come to the right place. Anytime is perfect to start. Having time on your hands will be great for helping you along the path. Look forward to chatting with you in the forum.

3 Likes

Howdy, from the Rocky Mountains!

My Grandmother gave me a Hohner harmonica when I was a young kid. Unfortunately at the time, I didn’t know anyone that had a harmonica that could show me what to do with it. Eventually, with piano lessons, sports, and school occupying my time, the harmonica ended up in a box.

Recently retired, I found that same harmonica that I had kept all these years for sentimental sake. Now is the time to learn how to play it for my own enjoyment and to share with my neighbors around the weekly campfire.

Just bought a Lee Oscar that was recommended here on this site and have started daily practice.

Glad to be here!

5 Likes

Hello @burpsan we are glad that you are here also. A campfire, friends, and a harp in the Rocky Mountains. Sounds like heaven to me. I huge welcome to you. Look forward to bumping into you in the forum :grin:

5 Likes

Hi. This is the place for tips and help for progressing to play well. Friendly buch of helpful people. Welcome

5 Likes

Welome and never too old - believe me I’m ancient. :laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks @stonestone63 !

3 Likes

Thanks @toogdog !

3 Likes