Introduce Yourself!

Thank you and same here!

3 Likes

@peg_T welcome to the forum! So glad to have you hear. Tough to beat Magic Dick! Good for you for getting out and making some live music. It’s important!!! :raised_hands:t3:

@busyone5 so glad to have you hear my friend! YES, it’s the PERFECT time for you to start SHREDDING SOME HARMONICA!! :sunglasses:

@burpsan I agree with @stonestone63 campfire in the Rocky Mountains sounds like heaven to me too! The piano lessons at least should help some with the new harmonica journey! Look forward to hearing about you impressing your campfire friends. :facepunch:t3:

6 Likes

Thanks @Luke !

4 Likes

Hi. New student here. I play a bit of fingerstyle blues guitar(David Hamburger stuff) and some sing along ukulele. I received a Easttop 008 as a gift but haven’t done much with it. I also bought Marine Bands in C,G,&A at a price I couldn’t refuse, but find the Easttop a bit easier to play right now. Really looking forward to moving through the lessons

As an aside, I hope, and think, that the harmonica will make playing guitar by ear a bit easier, in time.

6 Likes

Welcome, welcome @jwhunnicutt.jh . I’m always glad to meet another newbie. I’ve always found that each new instrument I’ve picked up improves me with the others I’m already familiar with. The harp will certainly improve your ears. See you around the forum :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Bruce here
After a year of off and on I am finally dedicating myself
I chose this course because I like Luke’s YouTube stuff and I have lifetime access

7 Likes

Yeah
Me too

3 Likes

Welcome. You will enjoy the course and find heaps of help on the different forum topics.

4 Likes

Nice to meet you @betterapproach.team See you around the forum Bruce :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks
You too

3 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

@jwhunnicutt.jh very cool! I’ll have to check out David Hamburger. I’m not familiar with him. Yes, being a multi-instrumentalist myself, I do find it interesting how one instrument can inspire and inform things on another instrument. Music is music I guess!

@betterapproach.team - I’m so honored that you’ve decided to do Beginner to Boss. Can’t wait to hear about how the journey goes for ya!

Rock on mates! :metal:t3::notes:

4 Likes

Learning a lot
Your instructions are excellent
Looking forward to being a harmonica boss
Thanks for the award

4 Likes

Hello Luke. I am “DR G”, 64 year old physician in San Antonio Texas. First of all thank you for all you are doing for al of us. As a beginning harmonica player your advice and videos have been a tremendous help. I am hoping you can help me with a solo. The song is Lonely People by America. The harmonica solo is outstanding. I have been playing the solo slowly and trying to piece it together. Can you please help? Sincerely, Russ Gelormini (Dr G).

7 Likes

Hi Dr G. Lots of people to help you here. America | Lonely People - YouTube
Great tune.
Welcome

4 Likes

Thanks @toogdog I haven’t heard that in years :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @DoctorG !

3 Likes

Sorry @DoctorG i thought I had welcomed you. I must have been distracted. Well to the forum brother :grin:

2 Likes

Love this tune, thanks for sharing!

The melody seems to come pretty easy but not so sure on the solo, what a great sound.

Google tells me the song is in the Key of G, so I’m thinking 2nd position on a C harp?

*after listening to it again, sounds like the notes are mainly chords and dirty notes going up :point_up_2: and down :point_down: to the rhythm, I’m not too good at tabbing though.

3 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

4 Likes