Introduce Yourself!

Correct, mostly chords. But I am having no luck trying to replicate the solo. It is one of the best harmonica solos around. Perhaps Luke can provide some expertise? @Luke

4 Likes

Hi, my name is Evan Meiskin.

I live in NY with my wife and 2 daughters. I’ve been taking guitar lessons for the past 4 years and I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the Harmonica. I am really enjoying the course and I already see a huge improvement. It’s addictive. Anyway, I’m very happy to be a part of the Harmonica. Com family
Evan

6 Likes

Hi. I only play harmonica and I am a beginner. There are a lot of other guitarists here including Luke. You are in great company. Welcome.

4 Likes

Hi @Evan.meiskin Welcome to the forum. Hope to catch you around :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello @Evan.meiskin,
welcome to our forum!
Guitar and harp is a good mix. Prior knowledge of the guitar will take you quickly to progress on the harp.
We here are a colorful mix of harp players from all over the world, from beginner to very advanced.
In the breaks in playing the harp, we like to have open eyes and ears for questions, suggestions and ideas for small interludes.:wink:

You always have a great :christmas_tree: in New York!

Greetings from :de: from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

4 Likes

Welcome! @Evan.meiskin

3 Likes

Welcome @Evan.meiskin
I haven’t been here long myself
I love the improvement too

4 Likes

Thank you
Have a great holiday as well

4 Likes

Very new to the Harmonica, just started to get serious about learning to play single notes. Low Rider seems to be a good place to start.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Ghartrum !

3 Likes

Welcome @Ghartrum
Enjoy the journey

3 Likes

Hi I’ve been around for a couple of weeks. The course is amazing, I’m really enjoying learning and playing. I could use some advice on the 2 draw. For what ever reason I can’t get a sound out of it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

4 Likes

Hello @Murray and welcome to us.
Enter “2 draw” in the search field next to the magnifying glass at the top. There you will find many answers to the typical problem at the beginning.

Have fun and Merry Christmas to everyone

wishes Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

4 Likes

Hi Murray @Murray

If you cannot get a sound out of it then you will need to remove the covers and examine the reed according to one of the posts you find using Astrid’s @AstridHandbikebee63 tip. Your problem is almost certainly hardware and has nothing to do with your technique.

If you need further help we are frequently here to give it.

Regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Welcome. Beginner to Boss is amazing. Enjoy

3 Likes

Also let the nose breathe.

1 Like

E is pretty useful too ! More than Eb, I think…

2 Likes

Hi all. Just started the course today. Really looking forward to it. Feels relaxed and enjoyable. Never played harmonica before, but love the sound

4 Likes

Welcome @daniel.annable2

3 Likes

Hello @daniel.annable2,
@daniel, welcome to our forum!
Have fun and success in the adventure of uncovering and discovering the mysteries of the harp.
Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

2 Likes