Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @gtlharmonica

2 Likes

Hey @scared_stiff … I was also told as a kid that I shouldn’t sing cos I wasn’t musical. I believed that for 40-odd years until a musician friend got me singing and changed my life. A couple of years ago I started playing harp and doing Beginner to Boss. It’s a great course and I have reached a point where I can say I can play. Welcome, you’ll love it.

7 Likes

Woo hoo Barry! You’re a HARMONICA PLAYER bro. I’m so honored to be part of your journey. :pray:t3:

5 Likes

Hi Luke, Your videos on playing Christmas songs was really nice. With a little practice I could play a pretty good Jingle Bells and Silent Night with no mistakes. I also like that I can find all kinds of Harmonica songs and tabs on the internet when I look them up. I looked up “Ald Lang Syne” and found your post and again practiced a little and played that on New Years for my family. It was a lot of fun for me. I´m grateful for all the freebies you got floating around. keep up the excellent work. All the best to you and your supportive family. Daniel

7 Likes

Wow @daniel.baxter congrats on Jingle Bells and Silent Night and ESPECIALLY for performing for you family. THAT IS AWESOME. How was the response? Did they sing along, or just watch and listen?

That kinda stuff. Playing music with another human being or for a few is really what music IS ALL ABOUT and hat’s off to you for having the courage to give the gift of music.

Thank you also for your kind words and encouragement which I do greatly appreciate! Happy New Year!!! :notes:

4 Likes

Hi,
Rich here and I live near Santa Cruz in Cali. I’m 70.Picked up guitar 2 years ago and built some friends a few electrics and different CBG’s. Friends asked me to join them in March for a 2 hour blues harmonica class. Saw Luke on YouTube, liked his style and work ethic so I thought I’d give the beginning course a try. Hope to get my harp soon when the roads open up again. Couldn’t wait for my Lee Oskar C so I got a cheap Susuki A at the local store.
Looking forward to a course that takes me from zero to knowing where to go next.

6 Likes

Hi,
I’m 63. Only a few years ago I do a serious effort to learn playing blues harmonica, but here, in the Basque Country, is not so easy. Besides, I don’t have a gift for music, indeed. But I like music and I like harmonica very much. And maybe I’ll try again. I see that nowadays there is a more and more help and information in Internet, like this forum for instance. I’m grateful for the possibility of taking part in this community and have the opportunity to learn so much. I’m reading your post with great interest
Greetings. Alberto

7 Likes

Hello, Alberto @alberto

and welcome to the forum! I have always wanted to visit the Basque Country (I live in SW part of Germany) – maybe this year I will finally make it. Please do not eat all of the Pintxos before I arrive !! :grin:

You are indeed correct: there are now really very many internet videos available for blues harmonica learners. Our forum is a treasure chest of information: tabs, practice riffs, cleaning tips, repair advice, and much more! Feel free to ask for assistance whenever needed – but also use the forum’s search function to see if your problem/issue/question has already been answered. :face_with_monocle:

Enjoy your new attempt at learning blues harp – I am sure that you will succeed. :point_left:

Best regards,
– Slim :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @rich3 !

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @alberto !

3 Likes

Hi Luke and all the members of this forum!
I am T. Chaitanya, blues harmonica learner from India and am glad to have come across this lovely forum today.
I extend my friendship to you all lovely harmonica players :slight_smile:
It was very interesting to go through some of the topics and discussions on the forum. Can’t wait to learn more of the blues from you all.
Warm greetings and love from India.
Happy Harpin’!
Your brother-in-BluesHarp,
T. Chaitanya

7 Likes

Welcome! Glad to have you with us!

3 Likes

Welcome, T. @T_Chaitanya !!

I am sure that you will learn much about the blues and blues harp here in this forum and its treasure of information.

Warm greetings and love back to you (this time from Germany),

4 Likes

hey all,
my name is Corey. I have decided to learn the harmonica because I have bad asthma and read an article that it will help with my breathing. I have done some free lessons that I found on youtube and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to where this course will take me.

7 Likes

Hi Corey. Welcome. I’m sure you will find it helps your lung capacity and lifts your mood. Be patient as it’s not as simple as it looks but extremely rewarding.

6 Likes

@bowhunter1.ct Welcome! This is a great place with great folks and an awesome instructor! Glad to have you with us!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @T_Chaitanya !

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @bowhunter1.ct !

4 Likes

Hi, Ken from Columbus NE.
I have basically no real musical talent to speak of but have a great love of music, tried to play a trumpet in school many years ago and pretty much sucked at it,
one day as driving through the underpass at our local park there was a gentleman playing the blues with a sax in it and it sounded so cool, that’s when I decided I want to try again and the harmonica sounded like the perfect instrument for me.
Thanks for helping learn something cool and new.

6 Likes

Hi Ken @kenmschy

and welcome to the forum. It sounds like your problem with the trumpet was that blowing is the key to success :face_with_hand_over_mouth: – but for blues harp sucking (or as we prefer to say: drawing) is the key to stardom ! :point_left: So it looks like you are ready to go. :call_me_hand:

Regards,

4 Likes