Introduce Yourself!

Welcome @Fortheo!

You seem to be finding your way around our forum :slightly_smiling_face:. A good move!

If you have any questions or problems, we are happy to help you.

Regards Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

2 Likes

Hi Luke,
I’m Scott from Northwestern Pennsylvania. I’ve always been a huge Blues / harmonica fan and I’ve finally decided to take it up at 55. Hopefully I’m not starting too late in life. Looking forward to the journey. Take care :v:

6 Likes

Welcome @ellsworth . There a good few here who started even later & we’re just as hopeful. :smiley:

5 Likes

Hello, I am Charles H. Nye. When I can find out how, When I create my user name I am Chuck Nye, minus the space, of course. I have had this service for a long time. For whatever the reason and the other, I have not got into it until now. I love all music, mostly and have been playing around with the harmonica for many years, never worried about good instruction. I’ve been playing around with songs on the harmonica songs web page and liked a lick or two you shared or what ever it was. I have now finally decided to use the instruction I never had.

In my beginning I learned to get the single note with tongue blocking. When using that technique I could never bend. When I focused on the proper way to hold the harp, I found bending fairly simple.

Now I am ready to take my harp playing to the next step. So now I am learning your question and answer solo on the blues harp. I am just now starting the course.
Cheers

4 Likes

Hey @Eolas - welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the amputation, but I love your attitude and humor, and especially your newfound commitment to the harmonica! You got this! :facepunch:t3:

@rkf Hi Randy! Spent a few days in Georgia and absolutely loved it. Harmonica is soooo much easier than those other instruments. Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

@rwbrown1019 - welcome to the course and the forum Bob! So glad you decided to come say hi over here. Rock on! :sunglasses:

@fxbwizard welcome to the forum Frank! Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it! You’re experience with banjo and fiddle are gonna help you to progress more quickly on the harp. Can’t wait to hear about your progress…

@Bryan5010 - welcome to the forum, eh? (Do I sound Canadian?) In Hawaii we say eh too, but we put it at the beginning of the sentence: eh brah, welcome to the forum! :rofl: I’ve got the Harp Blaster HB-52. If you can afford it, I think it’s a great harp for the money! I like the size (not to big,) the sound (not to shrill,) and the smooth volume knob that’ll save your ass when things start going sideways (feedback.) Hope that helps. LMK if you have any other questions about it.

@Fortheo welcome Boston Scott! Glad to have you here bro. I hope you learn something here too! What kind of style are you wanting to learn?

@ellsworth - you’re a spring chicken around these parts Scott! We have loads of students starting in their 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, AND 90’s!!! You got this! :facepunch:t3:

@mr.nye.1963 I’m so stoked and honored that you’ve decided to dive into the course. It may require some patience at the beginning go through fundamentals of posture, breathing, and mouth position, and chordal playing, but I hope that you find it yields great dividends in your tone and overall playing over time. Welcome to the course and the forum! Rock on! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@All, thanks for the welcome @Luke if you don’t laugh you’ll cry, so I think we are better off laughing :laughing: BTW: before anyone gets annoyed at anything I write, please read twice, my humour is very dark and very Pythonesque :wink:

@AstridHandbikebee63 what sort of Handbike do you ride? as i used to do a fair bit of Mountain and Road biking I‘ve been looking into the trikes that are available so I can get back out riding again.

Whilst attempting to play the Harmonica the last time I went down to Trossingen to the Hohner Masters (twice) with Steve Baker, David Barret……. The Hohner Museum & Works Tour are included in the price, if any of you are up for it, it is well worth the visit, go the whole hog from Thursday to Sunday, you won’t regret it.

Thinking about it, maybe we could tempt Luke over the water for a weekend of harmonic jollifications?

Before the obvious question is asked: Yes, I try to play on Hohner, Marine Band Crossover, apparently a great Harmonica, I just need to blow those damn cats out of it :roll_eyes:

Have a nice day and an even nicer week.

All the best

Ade

4 Likes

Hello @Eolas, this is my Handbike!

2 Likes

Hi Astrid, I thought it might be one of those „add ins“, electric as well :flushed: :grin: thanks for the answer.

3 Likes

Hi David, I began 2 1/2 years ago at 67. Having the time of my life ! Music is ageless and very therapeutic as well. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Hello from the Uk, I’ve started your course and WOW I absolutely love the way you teach and can’t wait to get back at it tomorrow

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Bishy077 !

3 Likes

thank you @burpsan

3 Likes

Novice from Georgia here. Play guitar and ukulele, but I’ve had a Suzuki Bluesmaster in C for several years now and fiddle with it from time to time, but ready to start really learning how to play.

4 Likes

Hello I am Richard McKeague. I am anxious to figure this site out! Happy to have a place.
Thanks

5 Likes

Hello @CT-REX and @Richard_McKeague!
Welcome to us and have a good time around and on the harp :smile:!

4 Likes

I found this site about two years ago and it’s amazing!

Do a little digging and you’ll find out just about everything you ever wanted to know about the harmonica, and then some. :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @CT-REX !!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Richard_McKeague !!

3 Likes

@Bishy077 Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it! I’m so glad you’re digging the course, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! Glad you’ve decided to join our party. Rock on! :sunglasses:

@CT-REX welcome to the forum! Congrats on your decision. Let us know how we can help you!!

@Richard_McKeague so happy to have you here. Have you been on a forum before? This was my first time being on one and it took a little getting used to, but it’s a WHOLE LOT OF FUN! More so now that you’re here. Let’s order some pizza… :wink:

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Peter. My favourite harmonica is the Suzuki Manji played with a tenor ukulele

4 Likes