Introduce Yourself!

Hi Carlo I just recently joined as well hope to see more from you soon. As toogdog stated you are in the right place indeed.

5 Likes

Hey Bruce. I’m in the Lower Laurentians. I’ve been here for a while.
Take care.

3 Likes

Hi All, I’m Dinesh and I live in UK. I grew up listening to my Dad play the harp. It was a small honher puck C that he played. I think he used tongue blocking to play single notes on the small harp. I grew up listening to him play oh my darling Clementine and other melodious songs. It was always my desire to learn to play the harp properly and now at 51 years of age I have started learning in earnest. I have signed up to Beginner to Boss and love practicing the songs. My playing has improved in leaps and bounds thanks to Luke’s encouraging teaching. I play on Honher golden melody and also on the East Top 008k in the key of C.

5 Likes

Hi everyone im kevin from western Australia and am glad to be here and so good to see so many share there knowledge and help the many wanting to up there skill level

4 Likes

Hi Kevin. Welcome to the forum. I live in Perth. Whereabouts are you?

4 Likes

Hey mate im down wellard. Hey its awesome they got all these on line things now shit when i first picked a harp up it was 86 and it was so different to learn. Ivan zar was the first one learnt anything from. You ever seen him

4 Likes

How did you start and how long you been playing for and do you Tb. Or Lp

2 Likes

Добро пожаловать. Наслаждайтесь изучением губной гармошки. Это хорошее сообщество с отзывчивыми людьми.

Калуга? Знаменитый икрой, да?

Sorry toogdog. Haven’t had much chance to use Russian since learning it in high school. Forgot to include the translation.

Welcome. Enjoy learning the harmonica. This is a good community with helpful people.

Kaluga? Famous for caviar, right?

3 Likes

Hi
I started about 3 years ago. I can’t tongue block yet. I’m learning on the BTB course.
I’ve never seen Ivan. I’ll look him up.
I dont put in enough time but I am improving.

4 Likes

Thanks BnT, I playing it while writing this message. Kaluga famous for man named Konstantin Eduardovich Tsiolkovsky. He was pioneer of aeronautics)

4 Likes

Greetings all,
Getting back into harmonica after too long a lay off while learning guitar/uke (baritone).
Many years ago I inherited my old dad’s mouthies when he passed away. I went straight out & bought a tuition book which was double Dutch to me. A young colleague on the N.Sea platform we were on checked out book & moothies & told me ‘wrong book’ for my moothies. Next trip he brought out a basic one and tuition tape and I was started.
Night shift spent wandering the platform sometimes regaling the troops by playing into my radio mic!
Anyway that was long ago, I’m now in a Uke group and want to do song intros, so here I am for tips :wink:
Gordon

5 Likes

Hi Gordy. Welcome.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Alan and I’m from southeast Kentucky I want to learn all I can about the Harmonica. I love all styles of music. I’m a singer-songwriter, and play guitar, bass, mandolin, and now harmonica.

6 Likes

Hi Alan. If your already so musical this is going to be a great addition to your repertoire. Its truly a great little instrument not to be underestimated if you want to play well.
Welcome and good luck.

5 Likes

Hi,
I’m a senior to use the polite description!
About 40 years I inherited my late father’s harmonicas and made some futile attempts to get started, ie bought a book.
I got nowhere.
Years later I mentioned this to a work colleague and showed him the book & instruments.
It was a blues harp book and none of them were blues harps.
We were working on oil rigs & our next trip he brought me out a simple harp and Don Baker cassette! My journey had begun .

4 Likes

You can see I’m a senior, this is my 2nd introduction :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Hi Bob Morton from down under can anyone tab the Dell Shannon solo from Runaway key Am

4 Likes

Hi Bob
There’s a few Australians here. Lots of great advice and help. Welcome.

4 Likes

Welcome @Restles. There are a few of us Aussies, but we’re outnumbered. What state do you live in?
I’m sorry I can’t help, most of us are beginners but there are a few who might be able to assist. I don’t think there is any harmonica in the song, is it the instrumental in the middle that you want to copy on harmonica?
Maybe re -post your question in the main forum topics might give you a better chance of a response.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!
I’m Markus from Germany and just purchased the Beginner to Boss course. Got my Special 20 as a gift one year ago and have been playing since… sometimes more, sometimes less but never really structured. I already can do some bends and stuff but still felt I should get all the foundations really fixed so I hope this course will do that and will not be too easy :sunglasses:(I don’t expect that to happen tbh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
Excited to start,
see you
Markus

4 Likes