Introduce Yourself!

Right on Bobby. I can’t wait until you start one of your speaking engagements busting out some badass blues harp! :rofl:

So good to have you here, my friend.

Rock on,
Luke

1 Like

Hey Mitchell - welcome to the forum! You’re in module 3 so you’re about to start learning a BUNCH of tunes my friend. I’m so glad you’re having FUN. That’s the Key. Keep us posted…

Rock on,
Luke

Hey Rick - there IS hope for a 71 year old tone-deaf biker. Can’t wait to hear about your progress. But maybe don’t play while you’re riding your bike. I’m pretty sure riding a motorcycle automatically makes you a better harmonica player.

BTW - there’s someone taking the course who is 10 years your senior!

Rock on,
Luke

1 Like

Hi. My name is Bill Smith, residing in Midlothian, VA. I am 81 years old and have taken up the harmonica. I am a cancer survivor, lymphoma, and in my 80’s decade going to focus on music - the harmonica and also learning to play the pedal steel guitar. Several friends are getting a kick out of my attempts to learn these instruments.

1 Like

Hello, this is Rodolfo from Argentina. Yes, a Clebsch from South America!

I would like to see Luke’s face when he realizes we are relatives :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Bill - welcome to the forum! So good to see you here my man. WOW! Pedal steel? That’s not an easy instrument to play? You’re AWESOME for even TRYING! (It’s one of the most beautiful instruments though, in my opinion,)

I predict you’ll find the harmonica much easier than the pedal steel. :rofl:

Music is a good way to stay young. I’d say, you’ve chosen wisely. I can’t wait until you rip some badass harmonica blues for your friends!

Rock on,
Luke

1 Like

What!?! No ways!! OMG. :scream: Mind blown. Not too many Clebsch’s in the world. I’m guessing maybe 100 at the most?

Are you going through the Beginner to Boss course!?!?!?

Aloha,
Luke

1 Like

Hello / Bonjour. New member here from Montreal Quebec Canada. I’ve been playing for about 7 years, self thought with some great books.
Harmonica.com is your one stop site for all to do with harmonicas. Great job to ya all! :+1::+1:
Will there be new work shops available? Preferably in winter, so I can get a break from the cold. Nothing worst than frozen reeds! :rofl::joy:

Aloha🤙

2 Likes

Aloha and welcome to the forum. So happy to have you here. That’s a great question about the workshop. Let me look into that…

Rock on,
Luke

Yes, indeed. Love the way you teach. :slight_smile: It’s my first try learning to play an instrument. You inspired me into this!

There are also Clebschs in Brazil, Paraguay and a lot have migrated even to Australia! My sister Susanne lives currently in Spain. Ain’t the world small?

Luckily technology helps us getting to know each other.

Saludos!
Rodolfo

2 Likes

Wow, Rodolfo, that’s amazing!

And, guess what? My wife’s mother is from Argentina! Maybe we’ll visit you one day. Where in Argentina are you?

Rock on,
Luke

1 Like

Really?! That would be wonderful! You are more than welcome here!

One dream I have is making a trip to Hawaii, meeting each other, jamming a little bit together (for now I’m ready to perform the final 234 blow :laughing: ) and to surf one wave (or at least trying to!).

Saludos!
Rodolfo

3 Likes

I would love to join for the jam session @Rodolfo_Clebsch and @Luke

:sunglasses::v::+1:

2 Likes

Our paths are amazingly similar. I’m in my 80th year, a non-hodgkins lymphoma survivor into blues harp.
Would be nice to strike up a virtual friendship.

Robert Chartrand
London, Canada

3 Likes

Love this. This is what it’s all about. Together is better.

Rock on,
Luke

Hey all! My name is Dani and I’m from Massachusetts. I am loving this course so far and having so much fun. I grew up playing all bass instruments (tuba, trombone, baritone, and eventually bass guitar), but as an adult, none of those are particularly fun to play alone. I love the idea of having such a small instrument that I can take with me and play alone - and still sound good! Luke, you’re an awesome teacher. Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Love this Dani! Wow, you might have to get yourself one of the low tuned harmonicas at some point since you’re all about that bass! :wink:

Yeah, agreed, harmonica is much more fun to play alone than bass, is so much more portable. Also, because it’s so portable, you’re more likely to have one at an opportune time to jam with someone else.

Glad you’re liking the course. Happy to have you here in the forum too.

Rock on,
Luke

1 Like

Nice to meet a fellow Canadian.
Take care .

1 Like

Delta - call me anytime.

Robert @ 226-235-5656
London, ON

1 Like

Will do, take care.

1 Like