Introduce Yourself!

Hi Astrid. Thank you so much !

1 Like

Thank you Slim ! I’ll check them out.

1 Like

WOO HOO! CONGRATS ADRIAN!!!

Wow if you’re getting tongue blocking after a week, it sounds like you and the harmonica were born for each other. It took me a couple years to get comfy with TB.

I’m so glad for your goal to master the harmonica. I must say my boy is 2 now, and the first 18 months, rocking him in the rocking chair and practicing tongue blocking put him to sleep nearly every night!!

Now I push him in the stroller and play!

Rock on,
Luke

3 Likes

Right on Ian. Welcome to the forum. So glad to have you hear and so glad for your decision to play harmonica, the coolest instrument in the world.

Rock on,
Luke

2 Likes

Hallo @Ian_M, schön, dass du auch dabei bist. Das Gefühl, was du gestern hattest, kenne ich.
Du wirst es mögen und das Gefühl wird größer und größer.
Herzliche Grüße Astrid

RickJake from Naples Fl , and Chicago. I’m 66, retired and able to spend a littl more time on music. I play some guitar, and bass in a small garage band for about 10 years. COVID interupted our practices, so I took up the harmonica. Came back to the band with a few harp songs and the band got all spunky. So I decided that I desparately needed some techniques to clean up my ‘dirty’ playing :slight_smile: Anyway, love the lessons thus far Luke. I’ll hold off on my questions since the answers tend to be in the next lesson or two.

4 Likes

Hello,
I am a 67 yr old Gramma that discovered the harmonica 10 months ago. I finally have time to focus on something at this point in my life, having the time of my life. Love the wonderful teachers like, JP, Luke, Tomlin and so many others that share the lessons. My Grandson plays the guitar and we jam together. Looking forward to whatever comes next. Spring

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @bubby.graves !!

It is really nice to hear that you jam with your grandson. :musical_note: Keep doing that: it will improve both of you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
– Slim

2 Likes

Hallo @bubby.graves,
deine Vorstellung gefällt mir jetzt schon und ich freue mich auf mehr.
Mit dem Enkel jammern, so cool. :sunglasses::guitar::notes:
Beste Grüße Astrid

1 Like

Sweet! Welcome to the forum. Ask away. All questions welcome.

Glad you’re cleaning up your dirty playing. Then afterword you can go back to playing dirty again! :wink:

Rock on,
Luke

2 Likes

WOW! That is so cool. Hope we can see a vid of you and your grandson jamming one day. How old is he?

Welcome to the forum, Rockin’ Gramma!

Rock on,
Luke

2 Likes

Hello, finally figured out how to translate, thanks so much!

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Owen, or Oodges as I was known by at school.
This is my first time here. I am brand new to the harmonica.
Let me start off by saying that Luke is a great teacher. The lessons are well put together. The demonstrations are clear and concise.
I’m also learning to play the keyboard. It’s a slow process, but I’m hoping to move along quicker with the harp.
The combination of a comparatively easier instrument to learn and a great teacher, should make for a pleasant and productive journey.
Thanks.
Looking forward to my next lesson.
Oodges.

4 Likes

Hello, I am Joe. I am on board to hopefully become proficient with possibly my favorite instrument. I had a harmonica when I was a teen back in the 70s but never did much with it as lessons were not that readily available as they are now, thanks to the internet and Luke. Took my first lesson today and I was very encouraged. So here’s a start to something that hopefully will not drive my wife crazy.

4 Likes

@owen.r.simons, herzlich willkommen hier bei uns. :slightly_smiling_face:
Du hast eine wie ich finde, gute Entscheidung getroffen. Als Anfänger kann man auch hier im Forum neben den Lektionen viel lernen, aber auch Spaß haben.
Vor ein paar Jahren habe ich mich auch ein wenig mit einem Keyboard beschäftigt. Dabei ging es zuerst darum, ein gutes Gehör für die die richtigen Noten zu bekommen.
Viel Spaß weiterhin und gutes Gelingen!
Viele Grüße von Astrid

2 Likes

Hallo @jgelis,
herzlich willkommen hier bei uns in der Community.
Mir geht es wie dir, ich mag das Angebot über das Internet, da man gut lernen kann und das Ganze Spaß und gute Laune macht. Und das wie bei mir über den ganzen Globus. :grin:
Wenn man will 24 / 7 bei freier Zeiteinteilung ohne Druck. Bin seit Mitte September dabei und habe es nicht bereut.
Deine Frau wird dich bestimmt unterstützen. Leise spielen geht auch, ist aber wie ich finde, anstrengender (Atmung). Dadurch lernt man aber auch das Gefühl für die Harmonica.
Ansonsten bleiben dann wohl nur das Auto, die Garage oder so… :joy:
Viel Spaß und gutes Gelingen!
Beste Grüße von Astrid

1 Like

Hey thanks for the kind words Oodges! So glad to have you here my friend, and I’m so glad that you are embarking on a journey with the harmonica, the coolest instrument of all time!

Your work on piano will serve you well. That’s where music makes sense when you analyze it, and that’s why I use it in the music theory appendix (Module 9 of BTB.)

Welcome to the forum!!

Rock on,
Luke

2 Likes

Hey Joe - here’s to not only learning something that won’t drive your wife crazy, but that will woo her into loving you EVEN MORE!! :wink:

Yeah it’s so amazing the access to info we have now that we didn’t have back in the day. I’m glad you’re taking advantage of it to learn the coolest instrument. Welcome to the forum my friend.

Rock on,
Luke

3 Likes

I’m Jay from FL. New again to harmonica after many years. Could not find my old Hohners in the move boxes so bought some new. If you have not checked out Luke’s reviews, they are really good. Really enjoying the Beginner to Boss class by Luke. What a great instructor. Very happy to have found harmonica.com. Now I need to find some of those sweet Ts and hats that Luke is always wearing. Any suggestions?

4 Likes

Hallo @jpobey1, herzlich willkommen hier bei uns.
Du schreibst, dass du nun wieder mit Mundharmonika anfängst?
Wie lange hast du pausiert? Bestimmt bist du schnell wieder drin und Spaß haben wir hier alle.
Der Kurs mit @Luke macht wirklich Spaß und so wie ich als Anfängerin, lernt man viel und es bietet Abwechslung.
Bei deiner Kopfbedeckung kann ich dir leider nicht helfen. Im Gegensatz zu dir in Florida ist bei mir in Deutschland Herbst und der Winter klopft langsam an die :door:. :grin:

Viele Grüße von Astrid

2 Likes