Share your favorite harmonica songs!

Maybe this one:

5 Likes

Got it now. I love this song. I can remember when I first heard it. My father didn’t approve of the group but I can’t remember why.

3 Likes

Hello @Maka,
That’s good and not too fast. You only learn the transitions for speed through many repetitions. A lot means a lot if you’re not playing professionally yet.
Regards Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

@Maka , the last one works for me, I’m in Australia btw. I’d forgotten this song, great call!
I’m going to get my guitarists on to it so we can jam it once I get the lyrics and harmonica down!
Thanks mate! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

@Astrid I found the secret to the transitions. On the recording, the harmonica ‘last note’ of a riff goes straight into the vocal and similarly the last word goes straight into the harmonica riff. When I saw them do this live, Mike Rudd (lead singer/guitarist/harmonica) shortens how long he holds the last note or word just a tiny bit - enough to let him have an ‘orderly’ swap from one to the other. A great bit of technique that would be easy to miss if you weren’t focused on figuring out how he does it!

3 Likes

@Jack_9211 Nice Charlie Musslewhite tune! I’d rate that as one of my personal favorites of his. Thanks for sharing!

You call this energetic?

Thanks for sharing @toogdog. Great stuff! Hadn’t been aware of “Belly” McClelland but glad I am now.

@LeoJ If you ever thought of picking up and Natural Minor harp, it’s fun to jam along with that song on a Dm harmonica. Chilling with the video.

Yeah @Maka love it! Love that little -3’ -3 -4 5 -3’ -3" 2 -234 -234 -234 345 ditty. So nice. Never had heard that. Very interesting production with the reverb on the snare with the predelay, and the vocals getting very wet at the end.

Good stuff Fam! Keep 'em coming…

4 Likes

I guess all you guys already know this person but I just found them when I was continuing my immersion learning looking for harp music. Thought this was cool.

6 Likes

Hello @toogdog,
it’s so cool and I have fun :joy:.
I could watch and of course listen to her all day. These quick changes between the harps, madness!
Thanks for the introduction. I checked it out in the morning and am now fit for a good Thursday. :smiley:

4 Likes

3 harmonicas? That’s so EASY! Norton Buffalo uses FOUR! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Great rendition of a great song. He’s having fun. So cool.

3 Likes

Not sure this is a top favourite of mine but I was surprised to find it. I am a huge Bowie fan. He was never afraid to be himself, to be different, to fail publicly by trying something new or to change his mind. He evolved over the years from being "outrageous " to being a pretty mainstream consumate performer. And besides he was hot and had a voice that could melt icebergs.

5 Likes

I love this song and never really thought or realized it was a harmonica making this song!

Incredible showman and wonderful artist.

4 Likes

Proof that some of the best music was made in the 1970s! And not just Prog. This is Dr. Feelgood with the song Roxette featuring 2 harmonica solos from singer Lee Brilleaux. On guitar is the legendary Wilko Johnson who sadly died a few days ago.
(18) Dr. Feelgood - Roxette - YouTube

5 Likes

Thanks @bcorbitt82 amazing. He has ADHD for sure :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you @DJRickMendez great stuff :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow @toogdog

2 Likes

@jeffw Love the attitude! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Not necessarily my favorite, but I had forgotten about the harmonica on this one. Bring It On Home by Led Zeppelin.

4 Likes

Have we had Jack Bruce, taking a break from his bass while playing with Cream? I did a quick search & didn’t find him, so here he is…

and back in 1967 doing some Train Time

4 Likes

Hi @Slim
Long time no talk!! I’ve been going through some old email threads and came across this one and i’m trying to get my head around music theory, heaven forbid.
This might be a dumb question but why is the -5 and -2’’ a flat v11 when the note is not a flat note ie: 'F"
The Minor chord has a flat 3rd in it and in this case it is Bd, which makes sense being a flatted note but why is the flat V11 not a flat note.
Hope this is easily explained without digging into too much theory for you :thinking:

2 Likes