Show us Your Harps, Mics, & Amps!

@betterapproach.team The one that I have is a Hohner Flexcase L. I got it for graduation from my sister. Sadly, both zippers came undone and now it’s broken. I need to get a new case.

3 Likes

Thanks @KeroroRinChou
Treat yourself for Christmas :santa:

3 Likes

It is really comfortable to hold, plus, i can still do hand techniques around it!

4 Likes

Is that the Shaker ‘mad dog’?

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the Mad Dog. Here’s a video review I just shot about it for an upcoming newsletter:

6 Likes

Very useful @Luke . Thank you. :smiley:

4 Likes

Always up for a challenge! Just got myself a budget priced 10 hole chromatic harmonica. Did not want to spend too much on it but do want to see how it is to learn and play. Plus at the other end of the scale, I’ve always been fascinated by the Theremin - invented in the 1920s and recognised as probably the first electronic musical instrument. Anyway, my wife generously bought me a Moog Theremini for Christmas - pictured without the totally necessary pitch antenna because I have not set it up yet! Even in it’s simplified allegedly more user friendly form its going to be quite a challenge to play it. But that’s what retirement is all about!!

4 Likes

Wow @jeffw, that’s a super toyinstrument you have there. :slight_smile:

I’m sure you’ll have many hours of fun with it.

2 Likes

Toy is probably right!

2 Likes

I was joking, honest. :slight_smile: I’d be delighted to have such an instrument. I’ve looked longingly in that direction several times.

I imagine it as a bit like an ‘air cello’ in a sense (not that I play cello either!). The closest I get to cello is using an eBow (poorly) on electric guitar.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: I’ve always been fascinated by the theremin - partly after seeing Jimmy Page use one during Led Zeppelin concerts! My all time music hero Frank Zappa also used one on two early albums and composed music for theremin. I’m really looking forward to learning it! Apparently Behringer are developing their own “theremin” that will be even cheaper.

3 Likes

Wow that’s so cool! I hate today grass from harmonica talk here, but I’ve always been infatuated with the Theremin as well. I was not aware that Jimmy page ever played one! I just think they make really cool trippy, psychedelics sounds.

That’s awesome Behringer is working on one. They are so good about trying to make stuff that the common folk can afford! And I’ve heard that they’re mini-Moog and vocoder units are really really good, especially for the money.

1 Like

Look for Jimmy Page playing Whole Lotta Love live. He plays Theremin during an extended solo. From memory, the Song Remains the Same movie includes the theremin workout. He also uses it on one of his movie soundtracks.

2 Likes

Yes…i love it…

3 Likes

Thanks @johnreffitt1962 . Looks very interesting, especially after seeing @Luke ‘s video. With my hands I think it would probably be a lot more practical than the usual style mic, and I do like a bit of hand wah. :slight_smile:
Taking a look around I think that getting a ‘Mad Dog’ here in the UK would probably mean getting Rockin’ Ron to ship from the US? Making a guess about the size & weight & thinking about other things I’ve had from the US I imagine shipping might be around 20-30 USD?
No rush, but certainly an idea I’ll tuck away…

2 Likes

Fender Blues Deluxe in C, a first generation Beatbuddy Mini, a Donner Yellow Fall delay (Amazon special!), my daughter’s abandoned Epiphone Electar 10 practice amp, and the Superlux D112.

I’m sure the combined effect would make Luke, or any trained ear really, wince, but it sounds loud and dirty to me. Now I just need to get the skills to really rock it!

-R

5 Likes

Woo hoo - looks like a great little set up @frpelanek! Rock on. :metal:t3::notes:

@DavidW have you verified with Shaker that they don’t have any distribution in Europe?

2 Likes

Good point @Luke. I haven’t actually asked.

2 Likes

@Luke and @DavidW,
I looked for it recently and couldn’t find anything for Europe.

Greetings from Astrid :woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

Thanks for that info @AstridHandbikebee63

2 Likes